Next 10 fixtures: Ours vs theirs

56 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

There is no point in thinking about any of this.

One game at a time and it is the one we are playing.

Totally agree, win the next game then look to see who we play next, none of this looking to far ahead.

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I base my comment on the wider Rangers support, rather than this forum.  

The OP worries me.  

We totally f*cked up after our last victory at the Noncedome.  I'm a pessimist...can't help it.

There is no reason to be worried. They have tough fixtures coming up and it’s come at a bad time. We have the opposite, except Killie, all I’ve said is that it’s an opportunity because it is, we have to use it to put real pressure on them if they do slip up. Not to mention to take advantage of getting a second game in hand. 

Obviously I can't prove it but something does seem different to me this season (and as it progresses) when it comes to our mentality.  We seem to be focussed and hopefully aware of the task at hand.

In saying that, despite our very good start, we have still dropped four silly points at Livi and Hibs so those that doubt our ability to go on a long winning run to really throw down a gauntlet have every right to remain concerned.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Obviously I can't prove it but something does seem different to me this season (and as it progresses) when it comes to our mentality.  We seem to be focussed and hopefully aware of the task at hand.

In saying that, despite our very good start, we have still dropped four silly points at Livi and Hibs so those that doubt our ability to go on a long winning run to really throw down a gauntlet have every right to remain concerned.

Even with our resources, transforming a lower league team into Premier League champions is a hell of a task. Sometimes to achieve a winning mentality you first have to experience failure. I agree with you, things seem to have moved on from last season - partly it’s new players settling but I suspect it’s also about old players realising how much they themselves needed to change their ways. Tavernier, Goldson, Kamara, Arfield, Davis all seem to have pulled themselves together and the confidence they take from that is clearly being reflected in performances and results. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Did you miss our matches in the first quarter or 2020?  Or their winning run?

You said you were worried by the OP. Why be worried that they have a really bad run of away games and we don’t?

I like to look ahead and see the run of fixtures we have coming up. I’m not too scarred to do that. And the set of fixtures we have compared to them presents us with an opportunity and will be a real test for them. That is all I’ve said in the OP. I’ve never been one to overreact at bad results and go over the top when we are doing well.