Next 10 fixtures: Ours vs theirs

It makes a massive difference to them because they are not playing well and they know it , just think back to our previous few seasons when we were chasing , the pressure gets worse every bad performance never mind when you start losing . If they get a doing if AC , Aberdeen will not be so appealing . And Aberdeen are playing a lot better this year , their midfield is decent .

Maybe I'm over-cautious, but I feel we may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves. I don't doubt that Celtic are under pressure and not playing well. They have turned it around before although this time they don't have a break to re-organise and they are straight into a run of tricky games.

I'll leave it until after, say, the 1st Benfica game. If we're doing well in Europe and have won our domestic games while Celtic are still struggling and have dropped points, I'll begin to believe that the tide could be turning.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

False dawns (I've lost count), jumping the gun etc.

Stating Celtic have a harder run of games than we do and saying it is a test for them hardly qualifies as “jumping the gun” ?

The OP posted the fixtures which shows that we have an easier run, which is certainly true, I'd say. 

I think @Gonzo79's issue with the post is that it implies that we should be picking up more points than them, when recent history shows we tend to slip up and they don't. It's counting our chickens before they've hatched. 

Glass half-full, perhaps, but he's not wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The OP posted the fixtures which shows that we have an easier run, which is certainly true, I'd say. 

I think @Gonzo79's issue with the post is that it implies that we should be picking up more points than them, when recent history shows we tend to slip up and they don't. It's counting our chickens before they've hatched. 

Glass half-full, perhaps, but he's not wrong. 

I dont think the OP implies that at all.  I find it a statement of fact that their run of games is more difficult than ours and that it IS an opportunity for us to take maximum points and apply pressure.  Nowhere in the OP does it state that we should be picking up more points than them.  I guess it is all about interpretation, but I dont see any implication.

16 hours ago, DMAA said:

We have it all to prove. 

That’s the way it should always be seen. Celtic won’t be rolling over anytime soon but that doesn’t mean we won’t get the better of them this time. As the saying goes, it’s all about the Rangers.

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2020 at 19:47, DMAA said:

We both have 10 games in 42 days coming up. 

They have 3 league games, all away. 1 cup game at Hampden. 5 European games, 3 away. The Scottish Cup draw hasn't been done yet, but if they are drawn away that will be only 2 home games in their next 10 fixtures.

We have 4 league games, 3 at home. We have 5 European games, 2 away. If we are drawing at home in the cup, we will have only 7 home games in our next 10 games.

After Saturday, the timing of this couldn't be worse for them and couldn't be better for us. This a big test for them and it's an opportunity for us to press home our advantage. 

Their Fixtures                                     Our Fixtures

Thu  AC Milan Home                               Standard L Away

Sun  Aberdeen Away                              Livingston Home

Thu  Lille Away                                          Lech Poznan Home

Sun  Aberdeen Neutral                           Kilmarnock Away

Thu  Sparta Prague Home                     Benfica Away

Sun  Motherwell Away                            Hamilton Home

Sat   Hibernian Away                               Aberdeen Home

Thu  Sparta Prague Away                      Benfica Home

Sun  Scottish Cup 2nd Round - Draw not yet done

Thu   Milan Away                                       Standard L Home

Well that’s those 10 fixtures played now. They failed the test this tough block of fixtures presented them with and we very much took the opportunity to press home our advantage.

They enter an easier run of fixtures now which give them the perfect opportunity to get their act together and, arguably, the inverse is true of our fixtures. Some pretty tough fixtures lie ahead before we play Celtic.