[FT] Standard Liege 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 19 pen; Roofe 90+3)

Think the winger started at the weekend , however the risk of our players catching this must be very high , hope we get in , get out with no massive damage on or off the park .

12 minutes ago, rbr said:

Think the winger started at the weekend , however the risk of our players catching this must be very high , hope we get in , get out with no massive damage on or off the park .

Agreed but I think Balikwisha is now injured.

EDIT: That is the other one (William).  :o

A couple self isolating it seems too,

"As a precaution, Damjan Pavlovic and Abdoul Fessal Tapsoba, both tested negative, who cohabit and spent the evening yesterday with Moussa Sissako, are also excluded from the group pending the results of a new test."

Looked them up, both fringe youth players. Raskin is a big one though. Balikwisha looks like a significant miss for them too but as Frankie says it seems he is injured anyway.

34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As one chap noted on FF, Arbroath has never been beaten in Europe in 140 years!!!

Anyway, they are another unknown entity as many of the sides were which we met in recent years.  With Belgian teams you never know. Some are bang average on the day, others will play you of the park. I assume we will play our game and be as pragmatic as we usually are, almost Teutonic efficiency, as another FFer remarked.

Well, let's hope we display that legendary efficiency, and effectiveness, and not that evidenced by the Berlin-Brandenburg Airport construction project.

Hope our players stay safe. I know a young guy that had this mildly for 3 days in Feb but still hasn't recovered lung capacity since and suffers from symptoms still. I know someone else in his 50s that had it and didn't get any symptoms, his wife had a cold and his kids lost their sense of smell. Absolutely mental disease. Hope our guys keep clear of it.

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Well, let's hope we display that legendary efficiency, and effectiveness, and not that evidenced by the Berlin-Brandenburg Airport construction project.

Had they given the Chinese 4bn and said make it happen in 5 years, they would have done it in 4. This was like the "Stuttgart24" rail station fiasco one hell of a cockup. As it is tax-payers money, they threw it about like confetti ... nigh criminal.

But I was more referring to the Teutonic efficiency in football ...

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Will be a very tough game IMO. Didnt they just draw with Brugges at the weekend? I saw that Brugges beat Zenit away from home last night so they must be decent

They are all tough games in Europe, better teams than we face in the league, but it brings the best out of our team when a team tries to play football and win a match. Our European record under SG is fantastic so far, tough games but good good games.