[FT] Standard Liege 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 19 pen; Roofe 90+3)

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Have we discussed hagi's near wonder strike from 35 yards. 

Makes me wonder if the keeper being off his line a lot was given to the players as an insight. 

Hopefully see him shooting more. 

Hagi was very close with that effort, Arfield also had an attempt from outside the box that went wide, maybe they are being told what we have all been saying, try and shoot more from outside the box! mind you I'm certain the coaches didn't mean shoot from 50+ yards from goal ?

Edited by ian1964

14 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

maybe they are being told what we have all been saying, try and shoot more from outside the box

It makes sense to do this when chances arrive and to have a good follow up for and rebounds.

Remember Jack scored a couple from long range not so long ago.

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

It makes sense to do this when chances arrive and to have a good follow up for and rebounds.

Remember Jack scored a couple from long range not so long ago.

Another that springs to mind is Kent goal away to Willem after following up on a rebound from Morelos shot.

35 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Seems crazy that this has been allowed to happen.

Football should definitely be cancelled now.  I mean, how many innocent footballers have died as a result of this madness!?  Scandalous!

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Football should definitely be cancelled now.  I mean, how many innocent footballers have died as a result of this madness!?  Scandalous!

No need to act the bawbag, I just think that the protocols clearly aren't good enough if a team that has had positives in the previous days then fields a positive player. This could well have a negative outcome for us.

Incubation period is 3/4 days and we're currently playing every 3/4 days.  If you want to cancel every match where an opposition player has had a recent positive test, then we may as well cancel the season.

I have no doubt at all that some of our squad will be impacted at some stage.

The issue of shutting down football isn't about players becoming infected, since the impact on the wider population will be close to zero. This turns on crowds and so long as thee are none this is a non-issue.