Neil Lennon has branded Maurice Ross an 'embarrassment'

I listened to Maurice Ross on BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday, he was accompanied by both Jane Lewis and Sellik TV’s, Michael Stewart. Mo’ was complimentary to both Rangers and Steven Gerrard. His analysis of Rangers Sellik and Lennon was pretty much that of all the usual suspects. He raised a few laughs by picking up on some of Lennon’s comments, particularly those reference forward players not being fit.

Michael Stewart was in complete agreement with Mo’; however, as we know from Phil McFournames and his very well placed source, Michael is now part of Dermot’s choreography to ease Neil out by the end of the month. The biggest guffaw of the piece was when Ross raised how long it takes to get Leigh Griffiths fit? According to Mo’, pre-season lasts four weeks, add another two to three weeks to garner sharpness, and that’s it, you are fit.

A wee insight that is not reported in Lennon’s whinge, and proves Maurice Ross correct in his analysis of Leigh Griffiths. On Sunday evening, just before midnight, Leigh wrote off his club Audi in a car smash a few hundred yards from his Bothwell home. During the summer, Bothwell was alive to strong rumours of a green’n’grey hooped horror leaving the families’ home at late hours in the club cars, to visit a kebab shop in Castlemilk.

Surely, Leigh is the embarrassment in this story? He is leaving behind a pile of bent metal as his manager targets Maurice Ross.

I have direct experience of Grifffith's driving when one of his brood attended the same school as my two girls a few years back.  Let's just say the Celtic striker didn't respect the Highway Code very often and seemed to think his big, maroon Range Rover literally had to be driven off the road all the time.

I feel very sorry for the good people of Bothwell. It's not often a move from East Lothian to Bothwell makes us residents better off... ;) 

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

The biggest guffaw of the piece was when Ross raised how long it takes to get Leigh Griffiths fit? According to Mo’, pre-season lasts four weeks, add another two to three weeks to garner sharpness, and that’s it, you are fit.

I was delighted that finally somebody in the media asked the question. Players being ruled out due to covid is one thing. Players being perpetually unfit, however, doesn’t really merit being mentioned in a post match discussion. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I have direct experience of Grifffith's driving when one of his brood attended the same school as my two girls a few years back.  Let's just say the Celtic striker didn't respect the Highway Code very often and seemed to think his big, maroon Range Rover literally had to be driven off the road all the time.

I feel very sorry for the good people of Bothwell. It's not often a move from East Lothian to Bothwell makes us residents better off... ;) 

Frankie,

Here, in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire, your post is a comfort. Heartening to know, East Lothian has/had a school?

We can only hope that Leigh eventually hears the callings of home? He can unveil the wonderment of the spoon.

15 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Frankie,

Here, in deepest, darkest Lanarkshire, your post is a comfort. Heartening to know, East Lothian has/had a school?

We can only hope that Leigh eventually hears the callings of home? He can unveil the wonderment of the spoon.

I suspect when young Leigh's career finally does finish, he'll be using spoons - just not for eating...

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Actually, we established, the other day, that the natives of East Lothian have -and use- cutlery, viz. : the knife, the fork, and the spoon....

...one implement for each hand.