• Glen Kamara
    • Scott Arfield
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Joe Aribo
    • Kemar Roofe

Another fine team performance with a few outstanding individual displays.

Tempted to give it to Roofe for that goal but can't see past Tav again who was simply immense and took his penalty expertly.

BTW, it's worth noting that Balogun had a very good game last night.

I was a wee bit worried at the excellent Helander missing out and with Balogun not featuring much but the big fella slotted in very nicely indeed.

Hard to pick a single player as a real standout, there were so many who put in excellent performances.  A real team effort last night.

I went for Jack because of his quiet ability to snuff out danger and fill in when we get caught out of position.   He drove us forward and kept things simple - to the point where we didn't miss Davis as much as I thought we might.

Honourable mention for Bassey though.  From the moment he came on he looked strong in the tackle and drove forward periodically.   You would have no fear of him getting a few starts if we need to rest Barisic.

I went with Arfield - simply because no one has mentioned him. 

He, along with Kamara and Jack, was essential to our control, and snuffing out danger, as Stewarty mentioned, but Arfield also drove forward and popped up in some good attacking positions; I think he was involved in most of our forays forward. 

I was quite critical of Arfield last season, but he's recovered that early form, and he's becoming almost undroppable in current form. 

44 minutes ago, Frankie said:

BTW, it's worth noting that Balogun had a very good game last night.

I was a wee bit worried at the excellent Helander missing out and with Balogun not featuring much but the big fella slotted in very nicely indeed.

Yeah he was properly aggressive and played really well. 

I thought Tavernier was simply immense. The consistency in his game is just incredible right now, almost nothing goes wrong for him and he is everywhere. He is brimming with confidence and is vastly improved over last season even at his peak.

I thought Jack, Kamara and Arfield were very good too. Each of them deserve a lot of praise. Arfield again provided goal-creating moments and would have had a very impressive assist if Morelos had more confidence.

Barisic was good and Bassey was outstanding considering how little game time he has had. To have so much confidence on that stage and at his age was really pleasing to see. Fearless.

Hagi had some very good moments which almost led to goals too but wasn't as good as against Galatasaray, he did have some slackness in his game at times. Kent again was good when they had the ball but not very good with the ball imo. A bit slack in his dribbling, showing too much to the defender and quite easily tackled. The less said about Morelos the better. He did improve, I'll give him that, but even after he improved he still had bad moments and missed good chances.

As I said in the game thread, Roofe had been excellent since the moment he came on. It was night and day, our attacks weren't breaking down anymore. He keeps the ball and links up so well. We will be vastly improved as a team with him starting up front. Hopefully a spell out will do Morelos good. Persevering with him hasn't worked.