[FT] Kilmarnock 0 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 19 pen)

Delighted at the 3 points and a hard fought victory but second half was really poor, subs were bafflingly negative, and tactically all over the place in second half.

We allowed Kilmarnock to completely dictate the game for almost an hour, and that is very worrying. 

There was no difference between our game here this season and last season apart from Brophy missed his chances this time. 

Perhaps we have got a wee bit of luck this time that has been missing in recent years.

We are looking tired now, this run of games has really taken a toll. 3 consecutive European midweeks twice already this season plus a lot of tough domestic away fixtures. 

Still, very proud indeed of our season to date, the results have been incredibly positive and I wouldn’t have believed our run of results if you’d told me this is where we would be by this stage of the season.

2 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Delighted at the 3 points and a hard fought victory but second half was really poor, subs were bafflingly negative, and tactically all over the place in second half.

We allowed Kilmarnock to completely dictate the game for almost an hour, and that is very worrying. 

There was no difference between our game here this season and last season apart from Brophy missed his chances this time. 

Perhaps we have got a wee bit of luck this time that has been missing in recent years.

We are looking tired now, this run of games has really taken a toll. 3 consecutive European midweeks twice already this season plus a lot of tough domestic away fixtures. 

Still, very proud indeed of our season to date, the results have been incredibly positive and I wouldn’t have believed our run of results if you’d told me this is where we would be by this stage of the season.

I have to agree. 2nd half was odd tactically IMO

That table is a pleasant sight.

I look at LiveScore a lot. They show league tables in a box beside the scores. For years it’s not been nice to look at. Now Rangers are top, the default table is the reserve league (Accies in pole) You can still see the main table but you have to click and scroll.

Aribo is still coming back from injury, so I wonder if it was always the plan to take him off. We can't argue with that.  

Bringing Balogun on was negative, I suppose, but the irony is we did better when he did, both in terms of blocking the centre and it opened up the break with Kent and Itten playing up front. 

I though Itten did well; nothing sparkling, but he worked really hard for the team.