• Ryan Jack
    • Scott Arfield
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Cedric Itten
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Steven Davis
    • Leon Balogun

A rather patchy performance all in all with few standouts.  Jack was very good in midfield, I thought Morelos and Itten were good in the second half and Tav got better as the game went on but my vote goes to Connor Goldson who's positioning and over overall contribution was first class throughout.

Unless there's been an obvious standout performance elsewhere, I tend to look first at the midfield for MOTM candidates. Sunday saw no one emerge head and shoulders above the rest. There were no real failures, no catastrophic errors, but equally there were no hat tricks, no goalkeeping  heroics, no blinding wing play. So I look at overall contribution as opposed to stellar displays. Which is why Arfield, Kamara, Davis, Jack and Aribo tend to get my MOTM vote so often. Against Kilmarnock we saw Davis and Kamara rested and unsurprisingly Aribo ran out of steam well before the end. I found it hard to separate Arfield and Jack and in recent weeks Arfield would have been hard to refuse. This time however, I felt Ryan Jack made the greatest overall contribution to the result - work rate, passing accuracy, positivity, key tackles, off the ball movement, aggression - and is hopefully on the road back to his best form.

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

A real curate's egg of a performance, good in distressingly few parts.

I think that Goldson kept his head when all around were losing theirs, so.....him.

I'm afraid I didnt pass any of Rudyard's conditions - I was br*cking it!

Thankfully, some of our players did pass, so I, too, have chosen Goldson as the pick of bunch.