Jordan Jones and George Edmundson suspended by club for breaching Covid restrictions

It does make you wonder about the thought processes of some footballers. Had Rangers not found out about this, would they have turned up at training as normal without saying anything? If they test positive during their isolation, I image it's curtains for them at Rangers.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Depends which player it is and who's responding. 

If it's Tavernier, @der Berliner would have him hung, drawn and quartered. 

If it's Kent, @DMAA would use it as another example of why Kent's not good enough. 

If it's Barker, @ian1964 will have the taxi drawing up at Auchenhowie. 

If it's Morelos, it's another example of a disciplinary issue. 

If it's Kevin Thomson, @craig would be saying he's actually great with his kid, and the virus probably started it. 

Say what you will, though, Josh Windass would never be caught in this type of situation. ? 

I heard it was Kent, JJ asked to take the hit

Edited by DMAA

4 hours ago, rbr said:

Hearing it was at Edmundsons house, and the police were in attendance , only good thing is it was last night and the club have responded very quickly and gotten ahead of what could have been a pr nightmare .

However I do find the reactions to this to be way over the top , because its JJ then its , sack him , but give GE another chance .Wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been other players and not fringe ones .

Yes why the special antipathy for Jones? Is it to do with his sending off last season v Keltic?

It doesn't matter where it was,who it was  what matters is that they got caught.

Hypothetically they could have been there all night and reported for Monday training thus putting team-mates in danger not to mention what state they would have been in at training.

The Club must be seen to take severe action on them not only as punishment to them but as a warning to all players.

Can’t be good for either of them. You could argue that Bolingoli was caught doing much worse, but they still broke the rules, jeopardized the club and so i think the consequence will be similar for both of them. And because of that we will lose millions in lost wages and/or potential future fees. It saddens me, but they deserve what’s coming to them.