[FT] Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers (Goncalves 24og; Kamara 25; Morelos 51)

Just now, DMAA said:

It does. We are a good team. Be we are good enough to see out a 3-1 win against 10 men. That is a huge advantage and ultimately we squandered it. Maybe I shouldn’t be but I’m annoyed that they couldn’t do a couple of basic things to see out the win after doing the hard bit so well. 

Yeah, we are a good side but we do lack a bit of nous; that dirty streak that the best sides have.

I'm annoyed too: we just needed to play clever and simple. They scored two from us giving it away by trying to force it.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yes but Roofe for Morelos was an obvious one. He was tiring. Barker for Kent would have brought in fresh legs too. 

He's just not one for making changes mid game. 

He's not wrong, per se.

I don't think we needed to freshen it up, but I do think we needed a couple of subs to wind down the clock, just when we were starting to lose a grip.

Just now, Rousseau said:

He's just not one for making changes mid game. 

He's not wrong, per se.

I don't think we needed to freshen it up, but I do think we needed a couple of subs to wind down the clock, just when we were starting to lose a grip.

Yes that’s why I wanted the subs, I just mean it wasn’t like there would be much or any negative impact from subbing your most offensive players. 

Disappointed not to see that game out. The Kent chance at 3-1 would have absolutely buried it but we should've managed that game out regardless. 

We learn from it and hopefully win at the weekend and finish this at Ibrox next week. 

We could also have collapsed after going 1-0 down so early. We are sitting on 7 pts from 3 games, joint top of the group, a draw away to Benfica is a decent result, it's hard to be too critical of the team, I'd rather lose tonight and win on Sunday.

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

What do you think he did wrong for the equaliser?

He dropped a couple of yards deeper than Goldson and could have held his line.  That said, Goldson could also have squeezed closer and blocked the run as they only had the one player there.

Of course it is disappointing being 3-1 up against 10 men.  But looking at the bigger picture we acquitted ourselves very well against one of the favourites to win the whole thing.  That shouldnt be lost.

I would rather have a defensive wake up call tonight - where it cost us very little as we are still on course the KO stages, than on Sunday against Hamilton.

Darwin Nunez changed the game when he came on. They had no threat u too he came on. As soon as he came on he looked a cut above every time he got the ball. I think he’ll go on to big things. 

1 minute ago, craig said:

Of course it is disappointing being 3-1 up against 10 men.  But looking at the bigger picture we acquitted ourselves very well against one of the favourites to win the whole thing.  That shouldnt be lost.

I would rather have a defensive wake up call tonight - where it cost us very little as we are still on course the KO stages, than on Sunday against Hamilton.

Well we better beat them at Ibrox now. They dangled a win against Benfica in front of us and now I want one.