[FT] Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers (Goncalves 24og; Kamara 25; Morelos 51)

A bittersweet evening of football.  Benfica showed if you give them space they’ll hurt you, so we need to switch on from the first minute at Ibrox.  

Lots of positives to take but we generally are not taking advantage of enough of our opportunities.  If Kent slots away one of those chances second half it would have killed things 

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

I am told, not from an unimpeachable source, mind, that the lad who knocked in the hat trick is an electrician, and only a part time footballer. Maybe they will sign him to maintain the disco lights. 

This has apparently been proven incorrect by Sparta Prague themselves on Twitter

Ok, the draw kind of felt like a defeat but let's get real here. 3 years ago we were getting beat by a team from Luxemburg. Last night we were a whisker away from beating a CL quality team who have never lost a Europa Cup match at home. Take away the two defensive blips, I thought it was one of the most accomplished performances I've ever seen from a Rangers team in Europe. 

Oh and what about the Tims? Is it true that Sparta hadn't played any form of football for a while out with the EL? 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Ok, the draw kind of felt like a defeat but let's get real here. 3 years ago we were getting beat by a team from Luxemburg. Last night we were a whisker away from beating a CL quality team who have never lost a Europa Cup match at home. Take away the two defensive blips, I thought it was one of the most accomplished performances I've ever seen from a Rangers team in Europe. 

Oh and what about the Tims? Is it true that Sparta hadn't played any form of football for a while out with the EL? 

Blips can be costly 

I

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

very much so. 

If we lose at Ibrox and the poles win in Belgium it get's really dicey for us. 

I think we will win at least one of the remaining three games. Thats going to be more than enough to qualify

9 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I

I think we will win at least one of the remaining three games. Thats going to be more than enough to qualify

Totally agree But i think we will need a point elsewhere. Then we have the opportunity of first and the money, co efficient etc. 

If we beat Standard at home , we qualify .Everyone would have taken a point from both games between us and Benfica, so we are back to having a free hit at Ibrox , Lech Poznan will be tricky but we will take care of the Belgians at Ibrox .

Edited by rbr