Scotland & Northern Ireland Qualifiers Free On Sky

No one wants to pour cold water on an achievement, however minor but it's hard not to comment on the general reaction to this qualification. Much of it is so far over the top as to be cringeworthy. I don't think I've seen a news bulletin since the game that would be out of place if we'd actually won the tournament. It simply confirms the neediness of a country that long ago swapped self-confidence for whining victimhood.

For me, the first sign of something worthy of celebration will be when we attend one of these finals and get beyond the group stages, instead of the usual cannon-fodder failure we've thankfully been excused from for 22 years. Maybe this time. Maybe it would be better to keep our powder dryish.

The way this tourney has been re-jigged it would have been a travesty it we didnt reach the group stages.

If still the old format then we would not have qualified....so agree with Bill, we have not achieved nothing unless we reach the knockout stages. Way OTT with the celebrations.