• Kemar Roofe
    • Ryan Kent
    • Jermain Defoe
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Bongani Zungu
    • Brandon Barker
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Cedric Itten

Tav for me, the guy just doesn't stop. Another brace, some great deliveries and driving runs. 

Proving all doubters wrong (I was one once) showing he can captain the side while delivering consistent high quality performances. I always thought at times the armband was too much weight previously for him and it seeped into his form at times. It think he's handling it all now. 

It wasn't a day for easily picking a MOTM. As far as I could see there were no failures - but there were no standouts either. If pressed I'd have to go for Tavernier or Kent but it could just as easily be Goldson or Roofe or Aribo or Arfield or Balogun. Strangely, the guys who came off at half time, Barisic and Jack were possibly the pick of the first half. I've stuck a pin in the board and gone with Tavernier.

Roofe reminds me a lot of a young Steven Naismith, and that is a very good thing. I have bemoaned the lack of goals from our attacking midfielders for some time. If we play Roofe in one of the number 10 positions, I am far more confident about our prospects than last season. In addition to his good overall play, he has the knack for scoring goals from a slightly deeper position just like Naismith did. And like Naismith, he can score with either foot or with his head. We just don't have that from any of our other options. Especially in the air actually, we have badly lacked any kind of aerial threat from our attacking midfielders.

It is fantastic to have Aribo back too, and like Roofe, he's not even fully fit yet. I still believe Aribo is our best player and is huge to our title aspirations. We will do very well to hold onto him when this season ends. We may not have even dropped points at Livingston and Hibs if he hadn't been injured. He is always one of our best performers on plastic pitches against defensive sides because he is so good technically and has the creativity to open things up.

And as I've said on here many a time, I love Defoe. I don't care if he is 38, he is still a real quality player. His link up play and his passing is second to none for a striker. I don't think we win 8-0 if he isn't on the field, and he didn't even score.

I have went for Aribo, his first half display was sublime. I agree with those above who say this was hard this week without an absolute standout but with most of the team having great games you cant argue against any of Tav, Aribo, Roofe, Kent, with Arfield and Defoe not far behind them, also worth mentioning a lovely cameo from Zunga, and good performances from the others. Not one bad performance, but not much for the likes of Goldson, Balogun, McLaughlin to do and perhaps only Barasic not up to his usual (very high) standards due to some noticeable poor crosses (they only stood out as it is very unlike him) but he done his job very well as always before the knock.

I haven't enjoyed a non-pressure game (i.e. not the bheasts, Dolly etc) as much as that in a very very long time. 

Hardest choice of the season (so far) but eventually plumped for Roofe but could have been anyone who played a part yesterday.

For once it mostly clicked but in reality it could have been 10 or 12 given the amount of clear cut chances we had.

Some of the football we played was sublime - almost a 10/10 ? 

Great team performance. The player who captivated me as the game unfolded was Roofe. I had no real understanding of how good he is before he joined. Due to his fitness issues, we have seen cameos of what he can bring to our side (scoring from inside his own half for instance) but yesterday brought a rare opportunity to see him for full 90 mins. I now understand how Gerrard was keen to get him onboard. He brings so many different dimensions to our play. He can play right across the front 3, play as a number 10, his goal ratio is good, but also offer assists, he can hold play up and he is superb in the air for a player of average height. As well as those attributes he looks like he has a steely self determination to win a starting place and do well in this Rangers team. Considering he is still not fully match fit, I thought it was a fine display. He gets my vote.

On 09/11/2020 at 09:38, compo said:

I voted for our goalie poor man must have bored stiff watching the rest doing what they are paid to do .?

Reminds me of comments I used to make of Klos (and Goram before him though was a bit before my time of interest...) that he could stand around all match and do nothing, but in the 89th minute with a striker bearing down on goal you'd back him every day of the week to keep it out (just so long as he didn't need to kick it afterwards!!)  We've been blessed for some time with keepers who can pull something out of nowhere when they've had nothing to do all game, now we have two of them in the squad.  We've consistently been very lucky in that department!

Tav again for me but wouldn’t argue with anyone that voted for Roofe, Aribo or Kent in particular.

Everyone clicked yesterday so its hard to give one player the shout, but its the consistency that Tav’s shown since day one of the season which has been a major influence on everyone Else through the squad. 
I hope and believe if he keeps this up he will be club and country POTY this year by some margin.