• Ryan Kent
    • Jermain Defoe
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Bongani Zungu
    • Brandon Barker
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Cedric Itten

On 09/11/2020 at 20:02, Ted McMinnime said:

... and he is superb in the air for a player of average height. 

Aye, I've been calling him Big Kemar or Big Roofe (my patter's just that original) from Day One. And while he clearly does more gym work in 5 minutes than I've done in my entire life, I'm constantly amazed by how tall he isn't. Not exactly a short guy but he's very Eric Black or MoJo or, as others have said here, Stevie Naismith in how he jumps deceptively high.

And, yeah, it was one of those days where I wouldn't argue with any selection. It probably was Tav but I've gone for Defoe just because (a) I'm old too and (b) it makes me feel like a real deep thinker to select a striker who didn't score in an 8-0 win ("Naw, son. Aw, naw. There's mair tae a striker's gemme than goals, ye see...")

He was just involved in key parts of - ooft - at least five of the goals - and in all different ways, in all different parts of the pitch. He put on a proper individual exhibition in the middle of a proper team exhibition. But then, so did so many others (that'll be WHY it was a great team exhibition then, Eck, eh!). Great day.

Edited by Fat Eck
Like I said, I'm old too.