Rangers Tartan

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Wore it to many a wedding myself too. I just think they didn’t do a great job of the market research on this one. Scottish men tend not to like standing out in bright clothes. 

Older ones. That's changing and I suspect the result is what we see here.

Although I pranced about in a kilt many times myself when younger, I eventually reached a stage when it dawned on me how fatuous it was to wear a clown's outfit invented by a Lancastrian and popularised by a royal German fantasist and pretend it somehow made me look "Scottish". Skean dhu, silver sporran, brogues laced up your legs, frilly shirt, daft jacket - pure numptiness. No wonder we struggle with identity in Scotland. That said, I do like a bit of tartan on the stairs. Just not in-your-face blue.

Edited by Bill

12 hours ago, Bill said:

I eventually reached a stage when it dawned on me how fatuous it was to wear a clown's outfit invented by a Lancastrian and popularised by a royal German fantasist and pretend it somehow made me look "Scottish".

Borderers never wore kilts.  It's Highland dress, not Scottish national dress.

I got married in a suit in South Africa and the Sith Ifrikans kept asking me why I wasn't wearing a kilt.  When I got sick of telling them the truth, I started asking them why they weren't wearing clogs or indigenous bushmen outfits.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Own up. You use bootblack on the snout and pads.

Erra ‘feeshel gersnet mascot. Unless compo nominates his cat.

No, sorry can't be gersnet mascot,  she's already got that role for VB 

Pays better and she likes the anonymity