Brexit - the Boris sellout

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Searching twitter for a justification that really isn't a justification at all, just shows the loonies scrapping the barrel of credibility.

The Cult thrives !

If enough of you say the same thing it must be true, even when it isn't.

1.  There was no “searching” of Twitter.  It appeared on my timeline and the original tweet was given both support and disdain on said social media platform.

2.  Nobody said anything about said tweet, other than Verhofstadt.

3.  As per.... you’re trying to play the man rather than the ball.

4.  You accused some on here of conflating Brexit and Covid..... yet as soon as an EU representative does exactly that you attempt to deflect.  Why not just admit and accept that Verhofstadt did exactly that which you accused others of trying to do on here ?  Or is it a source of pride that you can’t admit you’re wrong, even when it is flagrantly pointed out to you ?  

Some would say that to deny what is abundantly clear with proof of same would be something the “loonies” would do - but apparently the only loonies around here are those who disagree with your world view ?

Worse, this wasnt just a random football forum user who conflated Brexit and Covid - it was actually a MEP who just so happened to be the EU’s Brexit co-ordinator.  He was responsible for those negotiations and conflated Brexit and Covid.  Something you a) denied and b) said only lunatics would suggest.

it’s ok to be wrong.  It’s ok to admit it.  In fact, I’d suggest that you’d gain more respect by doing so than attempting to play the man, to deflect and deny ?

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Seriously, is that meant to pass as patter ?

Puts me in mind of this effort to get the BBC to commission (more) Right leaning comedy. 

Has Captain Contradiction declared on this ? Would be right up his street given the politically correct contradictions at the heart of it.

Besides, the BBC have featured many Right-wing comedians recently.

Here is Tony delivering the old line about the PM.

hqdefault.jpg

Says the guy who asked if someone was using Trump’s bleach ?

And here was me thinking it was only Celtic fans who lacked self-awareness ?

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Funnily enough Sky News just interviewed some foreign lorry drivers at Dover who are claiming it has nothing to do with covid and that it's purely political.

What's the world coming to when truckers from both sides of the Channel can see through Macron's political grandstanding but members of the remainder-rejoiner pack can't see the noses in front of their faces?

5 hours ago, buster. said:

Searching twitter for a justification that really isn't a justification at all, just shows the loonies scrapping the barrel of credibility.

The Cult thrives !

If enough of you say the same thing it must be true, even when it isn't.

Oh Buster.

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision".

The new Covid type is all over the continent, the British are the first to detect it as (and i know this will hurt) our research facilities are one of the best in the world according to the New Scientist and it is no surprise we picked it up first. 

The action of France is pure political grandstanding so a grateful Britain gives way on fishing rights etc. 

And now it is clear for all to see, the tactics our so called "friends" will deploy.   

1 hour ago, craig said:

4.  You accused some on here of conflating Brexit and Covid..... yet as soon as an EU representative does exactly that you attempt to deflect.  Why not just admit and accept that Verhofstadt did exactly that which you accused others of trying to do on here ?  Or is it a source of pride that you can’t admit you’re wrong, even when it is flagrantly pointed out to you ?  

Craig, would you clarify whether the above is based on the one tweet by Verhofstadt that was cited earlier in the thread or are there other tweets etc by him that support your view.  I ask because I didn't see any specific reference to Covid in the tweet.

7 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Craig, would you clarify whether the above is based on the one tweet by Verhofstadt that was cited earlier in the thread or are there other tweets etc by him that support your view.  I ask because I didn't see any specific reference to Covid in the tweet.

Are you suggesting that the tweet from Vehofstadt doesnt conflate Brexit and covid ?  Why are the lorries in Dover ?  Because of the new covid strain, right ?  Why did Verhofstadt talk about finding out what borders look like again ?  Because of Brexit, right ?

It isnt difficult to see that he is conflating the two, whether explicitly or implicitly - he is using a situation caused out of the pandemic to use dangerous rhetoric.

It doesnt need to explicitly state both Brexit and covid for it to be the case.  Read between the lines, doesnt take much.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

It isnt difficult to see that he is conflating the two, whether explicitly or implicitly - he is using a situation caused out of the pandemic to use dangerous rhetoric.

I wouldn't have thought that was in any doubt or required explanation. From what I've read over the last few days many French people agree with you and are as pissed off as we are about Le Poseur.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Are you suggesting that the tweet from Vehofstadt doesnt conflate Brexit and covid ?  Why are the lorries in Dover ?  Because of the new covid strain, right ?  Why did Verhofstadt talk about finding out what borders look like again ?  Because of Brexit, right ?

It doesnt need to explicitly state both Brexit and covid for it to be the case.  Read between the lines, doesnt take much.

I interpreted Vehofstadt's tweet as a suggestion what might be the effect of Brexit, that is, the imposition of border controls and the possible consequences that this might have for the flow of lorries in certain situations.  As someone who would probably have preferred the UK to remain in the EU he is making a general point that supports his belief that the UK should have remained in the EU.