Brexit - the Boris sellout

3 hours ago, gaspard said:

Saw that, there was a Polish driver complaining he was running out of food, opened his piece box to demonstrate his plight and right enough not much left, 1/2 a packet of biled ham and a 3/4 empty bottle of Jack Daniels. 

Scarey

Foresight by the Polish chap?

He was intending to preserve the ham by marinading it in the Jack Daniels?

The best advice for those on either side of the argument is to take time to digest this trade deal when it comes because any victories or losses may not be fully exposed for some time. I think it's unlikely to give the UK the full sovereignty many want and the important thing will be having the means to achieve full sovereignty. Since the future won't be defined by what's agreed today, this separation is likely to be more evolutionary than revolutionary. Personally, I've waited most of my life to get our country back and I can wait a few more years so long as the agenda is ours to set. Anyone who would rather still be in the EU should be true to themselves, find another nationality and relinquish their UK passports. We'll be all the better for seeing the back of them.

I hope we'll now see some stockmarket and currency gains and make up for what's been a fairly miserable year for pension fund and investment values. Hopefully no one will have invested too much in the Irish economy. ?

PS - sell your gold now!

Edited by Bill

41 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Maybe I'm being thick, but why are most of them upset at the agreement? 

Maybe that this is approaching the final chapter and despite the efforts of the aforementioned the UK will be a separate entity within Europe, albeit with a trade deal. So in spite of their actions and words the EU will lose their 3rd largest contributor of 9bn net per year.

Just my take on it, so might be wide of the mark.