Compliance Officer Vacancy?

46 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

St Cadoc's FC/Youth Club was founded in 1987 by the then Janitor of St Cadoc's Primary School Janitor, David Jones. The current Chair and successor to Claire Whyte's husband is the current Janitor.

That kinda backs up my point. If the only links are the jannie then it's virtually non-existent.

49 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I agree, there are no formal links to ra Sellik, but the connections are numerous. Tommy Burns, Pat Bonner, Mark Wilson, Andy Walker, .... etc have all coached the teams. The administration has been extremely top heavy with Sellik minded lawyers. I believe the fund raising activities are stellar. St Cadoc's teams across sport compete regularly in Euro' competitions.

There may been some ex-players doing coaching or a player turning up at an awards presentation, but that's not to say it's a CBC replacement. Yes, I'm sure the board is full of Celtic-minded people but that doesn't mean that there's a flow of players into Celtic. In 2017, 6 ex-players signed pro-youth contracts and one was with Celtic and one was with Rangers.

55 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Currently, St Cadoc's ground share with St Anthony's Junior Football Club at McKenna Park.

That's the amateur adult team, which as far as I'm aware has very few, if any links to the Youth Club. The youth Club plays at whatever pitches are available throughout East Renfrewshire.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Bluedell,

St Cadoc's FC/Youth Club was founded in 1987 by the then Janitor of St Cadoc's Primary School Janitor, David Jones. The current Chair and successor to Claire Whyte's husband is the current Janitor. My reference for this piece of information is last Friday's edition of, 'A View from the Terrace'. They did a five minute piece on St Cadoc's.

I agree, there are no formal links to ra Sellik, but the connections are numerous. Tommy Burns, Pat Bonner, Mark Wilson, Andy Walker, .... etc have all coached the teams. The administration has been extremely top heavy with Sellik minded lawyers. I believe the fund raising activities are stellar. St Cadoc's teams across sport compete regularly in Euro' competitions.

Currently, St Cadoc's ground share with St Anthony's Junior Football Club at McKenna Park. A couple of years past, Angela Haggerty appeared on Shereen Nanjiani's show on BBC Radio Scotland. Now, Angela has a big mouth, she notoriously outed Mhari Black's girlfriend on Twitter, a girl who at that point was not 'out' to her immediate family. Anyways, on Shereen's she gave her moment of the week as St Cadoc's winning the Ajax Youth tourney in Holland. I am told she was given quiet words from Kevin McKenna, St Cadoc's did not wish such publicity. Kevin McKenna(former Editor of ra Sellik View) is Godfather to Angela's several month old son.

I think St Cadoc's has been deliberately placed by selected Sellik minded to be natural successors to the separate entity?

I don't see how that would be the case these days when they have their pro youth academy in-house.

Tempting fortune, I know, but Wan Team Wanda will not be missed by most of the country.

Apparently the Compliance Officer post is

"a high-pressure position in a relentless environment".

Unless the SFA, is giving whole new meaning to "high pressure" and "relentless", (in Scottish Fitba', ffs), this can only refer to the modus operandi of one particular member of the Association, in pursuit of its own interests. 

From The Times:

SFA shake-up as Clare Whyte exits

Paul Forsyth

Tuesday November 17 2020, 12.01am, The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/sfa-shake-up-as-clare-whyte-exits-sdcclk7bx

Whyte will stand down in the new year

A review of the Scottish Football Association’s disciplinary process looks likely to follow its announcement yesterday that Clare Whyte, its compliance officer, will stand down in the new year.

While a replacement will be sought for Whyte, who has been in the post since August 2018, it is understood that the forthcoming vacancy is being viewed as an opportunity for the game’s governing body.

As part of an “overarching review” that would be part of a new strategic plan for the SFA, clubs could be invited to submit their thoughts on a disciplinary process that has come in for heavy criticism. Whyte has been accused of applying too rigidly the protocols of a flawed system.

The SFA has come under fire for a series of high-profile inconsistencies.

During Whyte’s first season in the job, a number of controversies led to a summit between officials and managers.

In February of this year, the SFA’s failure to overturn a red card for the Inverness Caledonian Thistle striker, James Keatings, provoked an outcry.

Alan Burrows, the Motherwell chief executive, called for the judicial panel protocols to be “completely torn up and rewritten”. Leeann Dempster, the Hibs chief executive, said that the system needed “positive surgery” to quell “discontented clubs”.

Speaking after the Keatings incident, Dempster said: “Instead of just sitting whingeing about it, clubs need to be a part of it. I want us to be part of it and I know there are other clubs who feel the same. We want a compliance system that everybody buys into.”

Yesterday, the SFA said in a statement that Whyte would take up a new opportunity early in 2021. Until then, she would remain in her post so that there was a “smooth handover period with her successor”.

Ian Maxwell, the SFA chief executive, said: “I would like to thank Clare for her commitment to the role over the past two years with the Scottish FA.

“In what is a high-pressure position in a relentless environment, she has shown professionalism and resilience. We will begin the process of recruiting a replacement in early course.”

56 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

On FF there are more than the occasional pearl cast before the - erm - readers. Here’s one.

“Clerr’s no rerr ony merr” 

Can’t remember the author to give him the credit he deserves.

Kelman?

(You edited the swearing, to fool us all.)

Today's Scottish Sun is speculating that the job will be outsourced to a Company of Solicitors.

Harper McLeod would be expectant?

How about Rod ra Fraud McKenzie, he could do it pro bono? Peter's daughter is a Solicitor. Kevin Clancy is a learned friend also. Lot's of folks with the correct credentials to do the job.