Rangers Accounts 2020 and notice of AGM

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say it's a bit concerning, particularly as revenue will have decreased considerably in the last few months.

We will have to start selling players either in January or next Summer, to get things back on an even keel.

I’d imagine, at this point in time, seeing where we are in the league, and how much importance seems to be given to stopping 10IAR, that we would look to keep Morelos until the end of the season.  Or possibly even a sale and immediate loan back.

if we sold him in January it definitely weakens us - but when Roofe is fully fit and functioning I think Morelos would struggle to displace Roofe - unless SG plays both at same time - which is what I would be doing just now.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say it's a bit concerning, particularly as revenue will have decreased considerably in the last few months.

We will have to start selling players either in January or next Summer, to get things back on an even keel.

The club in their accompanying statement said that Covid will hit revenues by up to £10 million.  However, the directors, Park and Bennett (I think it was Bennett) have guaranteed funding the club for the next two seasons, between informal and formal debt facilities.

Given they are Rangers men we should be fine.  We also could sell a player or two if needed.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

However, although currently unquantifiable in terms of quantum or timing, the unseen element is the effective accrual of future profit from transfer income yet to be realised.

Something which the armageddonists completely fail to appreciate.

I don’t like to compare us to them - but without the sale of Tierney, Celtic would have made a £24 million loss this year.  Their model has always been based on selling a prized asset annually - but their biggest assets now are either loanees or have significant (30-40%) sell on fees (and not of profit, but the total fee.

In comparison, we have rejected a £10 million bid for Kent - and that was before he started the season with goad and assists, we have rejected an offer of £16 million for Morelos, we have Jack, Kamara, Barišić, Aribo, Hagi etc - all of whom would command a fairly sizeable fee.

Despite the loss, despite their balance sheet being stronger, I would contend that we are in the ascendency whilst they are on the decline.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

If @craig or @Bluedell fancy coming on the pod on Sunday for a short segment explaining the accounts you'd be made most welcome... ;)

when would you need to know Frankie ?

I haven’t done a proper analysis of the financials and this would be something that deserves proper attention as it could placate or scaremonger fans, depending on what is said 

6 hours ago, craig said:

when would you need to know Frankie ?

I haven’t done a proper analysis of the financials and this would be something that deserves proper attention as it could placate or scaremonger fans, depending on what is said 

Late afternoon tomorrow mate. 

Need only be a short segment of the pod and you could effectively choose your own questions from David who is hosting. 

16 hours ago, Frankie said:

We will be going live (audio only tomorrow) at 9.30pm GMT with a sound check for you beforehand. 

Hey Frankie, sorry bud - I actually have a work call with a Board member this afternoon right in the same timeframe.  Would have loved to have done it too.  A fair number of talking points in the financials :)

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Hey Frankie, sorry bud - I actually have a work call with a Board member this afternoon right in the same timeframe.  Would have loved to have done it too.  A fair number of talking points in the financials :)

No probs mate.  You can write something for the site instead... :D