• Kemar Roofe
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Steven Davis
    • Cedric Itten
    • Jermaine Defoe
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Glen Kamara

What are your thoughts, folks?

There wasn't a failure amongst them, but I thought a few had brief moments of magic then drifted out without being poor. Like Kent, who made a lively start, misses a one-on-one, scores a beauty then drifts out of it. Even Roofe pops up with moments of magic, then drifts out of it. Then again, their overall team contribution was superb. 

I thought players like Tavernier, Jack, Goldson and Arfield were the most effective and efficient throughout.

Arfield was at the heart of everything, again: His work-rate is phenomenal, working hard in defense and closing down then bursting forward to support attacks. He topped off a good display with a goal, with a bit of luck.

Arfield gets it, for me. 

It was another good, solid team performance, though, not dependent on any single player, which I find pleasing. 

Hmmm, has to be Tav for me I think.  The guy is just incredible in terms of his contribution this season.

A wee word for Hagi who, despite a couple of loose passes in the las few mins, looked sharp and dangerous when he came on after not featuring much lately.

16 players I had to type in. 

Looking at them, such is the quality, I can't distinguish between first-team and squad players. 

That's incredible. 

Maybe Itten, but mainly because he's still new and the lads in front don't really deserve to be dropped. However, Itten can still be a starter now, and has started a couple to good effect. 

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Hmmm, has to be Tav for me I think.  The guy is just incredible in terms of his contribution this season.

A wee word for Hagi who, despite a couple of loose passes in the las few mins, looked sharp and dangerous when he came on after not featuring much lately.

Boring.

Between Tav, Kent and Arfield. 

Tav because of the threat he poses going forward and he just oozes confidence. He even managed some good defensive work yesterday.

Kent because he's always a threat. Sometimes it doesn't come off but he keeps at it. He chases people down. He goes on mazy runs. He scores. He assists. He's always good to watch.

Arfield is the least showy but probably the most effective and very consistent. Another one who harries, drives forward and gets into good positions.

Arfield just edges it for me.