Review of the Rangers accounts 2020

13 hours ago, rbr said:

Has it been shown that we actually have business interuption insurance and if so what amount will it cover .

We clearly do as it would have been the BI cover which saw us receive £1.25 million from insurers due to Covid.  Still more of a claim in but unknown whether we will receive further insurance monies.

19 hours ago, Bill said:

Accountants can usefully be compared to F1 mechanics. You need one to get your car ready but it's unlikely you'd ever put one in the driving seat. 

20% of FTSE 100 companies have a CEO who is an accountant, so quite a few are in the driving seat.

50 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

20% of FTSE 100 companies have a CEO who is an accountant, so quite a few are in the driving seat.

Everyone has the right to move on and better themselves. I can assure you of one thing - if someone takes up the reins of leadership, they’re no longer thinking like an accountant. 

21 hours ago, compo said:

When the subject of selling to balance the books its always Morelos but I think come January we might  have a job to hold on to our captain as someone who watches lots of the EPL  I would say he's as good as any full back at present  .

England have a plethora of good right backs but I would honestly say that only Trent Alexander-Arnold is better. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Everyone has the right to move on and better themselves. I can assure you of one thing - if someone takes up the reins of leadership, they’re no longer thinking like an accountant. 

It's not mutually exclusive...or are you claiming to know that all accountants think the same way? :D

22 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Superb analysis BD, many thanks for doing so.

Didnt know King was due money back, and disgusted he is charging 8% interest, he can no longer say he doesnt take a penny out when he gets £400kpa. Clearly this needs to be qualified by saying the directors and shareholders are due our eternal gratitude for the job done and the very real and vast sums of money they have converted into shares.

We really must sell one or two players either in January or early in the window (ie before 30 June) and if we can also win the title and qualify for CL group stages we will be fine as long as we keep staff costs under control.

22 hours ago, craig said:

As BD says, we don't know the background behind this - there may be reasons he has to charge interest - I don't know enough about the South African Revenue Service (SARS) but there is a possibility that he has to charge interest for tax reasons.

I would hope we don't sell anyone in January given the importance of the season - but should we win the league this year - in fact probably even if not, then we will sell Morelos for sure - can se do that pre-June 30th given the window usually only opens on July 1st ?  Or has that changed ?

Dave King Rangers AGM Dec 2019 ''The South African authority would not approve a further investment in shares in Rangers and eventually only approved a loan on an interest earning basis.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

It's not mutually exclusive...or are you claiming to know that all accountants think the same way? :D

Just throwing crumbs on the ground to see who picks them up ?