[FT] Rangers 2 (Arfield 7; Roofe 69) - 2 Benfica

We needed fresh legs up front. We aren’t closing them down like we were earlier in the game and it’s allowed them to get the ball forward much easier. Why the reluctance to make changes all the time. Really frustrating. 

Edited by DMAA

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 (Arfield 7; Roofe 69) - 2 Benfica

Sorry manager has to take the blame there.

I understand subs might not work when it comes to defensive organisation but we were losing our shape due to tiredness and we really should have made changes.

However, if you'd said we'd draw both games beforehand, of course, we would have taken that but to draw again from 2-0 up is very, very disappointing.

Just now, Frankie said:

I understand subs might not work when it comes to defensive organisation but we were losing our shape due to tiredness and we really should have made changes.

However, if you'd said we'd draw both games beforehand, of course, we would have taken that but to draw again from 2-0 up is very, very disappointing.

Agree. Why no subs? Mad at that. It's sacrilege to say it but Tav was poor tonight.

Just now, Frankie said:

Who would you have replaced and who by? I thought the manager made the right decisions, apart from bringing on fresh legs I don't see who would have made that much of a difference.

Benfica are a very good team, we did well and were unlucky, definite penalty as well. Onwards and upwards.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Who would you have replaced and who by? I thought the manager made the right decisions, apart from bringing on fresh legs I don't see who would have made that much of a difference.

Benfica are a very good team, we did well and were unlucky, definite penalty as well. Onwards and upwards.

Barker or Itten for Kent who had run his race and would have been happy with Hagi as well.  Even Helander or Bassey could have replaced one of the forwards.

Like I say may or may not have helped but it was obvious we were struggling, mentally as much as anything in those last 15mins.