• Leon Balogun
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

Going through the team, Barisic was the pick of the defenders and showed his importance on the European stage yet again. Both goals came directly as a result of his runs and his ability to get the ball into dangerous positions. After an early mistake I had a feeling Tavernier wouldn't recover and he didn't really. Goldson almost gifted them a 3-2 win, Balogun was good but could have done better at the second goal I think.

I actually thought all three midfielders were good. Arfield won the ball loads and drove us forward. Kamara was good and Davis was probably the pick of the three for me.

Roofe was the pick of the forwards and MotM for me. His all round game was fantastic. Excellent out of possession and just as good in possession. When the ball comes to him he either wins the header and aims it to one of our players or, if it comes to feet, the ball just sticks to him and he keeps possession. His header was key to the first goal and the second was just yet another solo goal. In my opinion he is our best forward and I really hope he doesn't have any more recurrences of his calf problems this season. It was a bit of typical Kent performance for me, outstanding out of possession but just lacks quality in it and too many of our attacks break down with him. Morelos had another good game against a Portuguese side.

Edited by DMAA

A difficult selection, not, as the Aberdeen game, because we dominated the ball and controlled the match, and everyone contributed to a performance con brio, but rather the opposite, where the opposition controlled and dominated, and  everyone played with energy (for most of the 90) and application.

The choice, really, comes down to Roofe or Kamara, and. primarily because he scored a cracking goal, I'll pick the former.