Covid19 Immunity Passports are Inevitable

3 hours ago, compo said:

So how do we know who's been vaccinated a slip of paper is easy to forge as for an app well weve seen the shambles in recent months of them or maybe we will just adopt the 1930s German way have a huge V sowed on to our clothing .

Come the day I will be first in the queue for the jag ,mon the jags

Leave Partick Thistle out of this.

6 hours ago, Ieatbats said:

Vaccine passports are inevitable and necessary in my own opinion, there are many countries already saying they wil refuse entry to those who cannot prove they have been vaccinated 

Possibly, but through most of the pandemic countries have been letting people in / out without any checks. It's only recently that some countries have insisted on proof that you are Covid free before flying. 

I think there is consensus that not everybody will need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity, once the vulnerable and anyone who wants it over 50 are vaccinated that would achieve the numbers as those thought to have already had the virus detected or undetected and retain antibodies range from 10m to 20m. 

6 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Possibly, but through most of the pandemic countries have been letting people in / out without any checks. It's only recently that some countries have insisted on proof that you are Covid free before flying. 

I suspect that in the longer term, this will be used to make travelling overseas more difficult for those on lower incomes, which will align with the environmental causes in 'The West'.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s nothing new or challenging about this. When I used to travel to the shitholes of this world I had to carry proof of rabies shots, yellow fever vaccination, etc etc. It was easy enough 40 years and I think we will manage just fine now too.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

There’s nothing new or challenging about this. When I used to travel to the shitholes of this world I had to carry proof of rabies shots, yellow fever vaccination, etc etc. It was easy enough 40 years and I think we will manage just fine now too.

Aye, but you didn't need your vac passport to get into tesco, a train, library, or ibrox did you?  bit of a difference and to say that there's nothing new is a helluva of a stretch.

6 hours ago, gaspard said:

Aye, but you didn't need your vac passport to get into tesco, a train, library, or ibrox did you?  bit of a difference and to say that there's nothing new is a helluva of a stretch.

As far as I remember, yellow fever wasn’t a big concern at Tesco or Ibrox.