Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

2 hours ago, craig said:

The timing of this seems somewhat strange to me too.  Whilst Dave King will always be regarded as an integral part of the recovery of the Club, I am somewhat surprised at both his Chairmanship resignation and, moreso, the announcement of the selling of his shares.  I would have thought that he would have wanted one, or both, to still be ongoing when we take the largest, though not final, step of the journey.

It has never made sense. A piece of the jigsaw is definitely missing

5 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

You are doing it again and you haven’t even read a thing I have said 

You have continuously told me how wrong Club1872 are, what they are doing etc is wrong because they have went about it the wrong way 

Can you show me anywhere, in this thread, where I have said anyone is wrong and these questions are unfair, or what they are saying is wrong?

(you won’t be able too) 

I haven’t 

All I said was my first comment, not even a quote 

The things people are saying are fair questions (again repeating myself incase the previous times aren’t clear)

What is poor is the negativity and arguing on various platforms again amongst ourselves which descends into a farce - my original point - not those asking valid questions 

(repeating myself) 

Believe it or not, it is ok to think positively about this 

just as it is to be sceptical 

As I have said above, neither are wrong nor have I attempted to tell anyone either way! 

No, clearly it is YOU that hasn’t read anything that I have said.

I’ll say it again though.  I am NOT speaking AT YOU.  You need to take it less personally.

just because I reply to you doesn’t mean I am specifically talking to you.  Can you not see that ?

im not saying you’ve said anything.  I’m relying to your post but making general observations about the topic.

how you continually see this as me speaking to you is beyond me.

ive not once said “you said” or “I disagree with what you say”.  I’m taking your points and then talking about that situation.

Not sure how much clearer I can be.

Nothing wrong with positivity but don’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen and don’t be crying if you find out it isn’t actually in the clubs best interests.

positivity is great.  Blind positivity is dangerous.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

This thread sums up why Rangers supporters might make a mess of fan ownership. 

Even when we agree questions need to be asked, we start disagreeing about whether those questions are being posed correctly.  

I'm even arguing with myself about all of this.  ? 

King could've given us another couple of months enjoying football before announcing the offer FFS. 

Could have waited till, hopefully, there has been success on the field of play. Didn’t need to be done now.  I suspect it was done because of a) we are playing well b) the positivity surrounding the club just now and c) the negativity across the city.

I note the overnight carfuffle over on FF on specific things/allegations to do with this matter and the customary division based mainly on faith or lack of, in individuals involved. 

Disregarding the difficulty of raising large sums of money in what will be a time of general economic carnage,...shouldn't it simply be about what is best for the football club?

IM(inexpert)O, the recent accounts spell out the need for new money.

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

So much noise.

How much signal?

Then suddenly it gets worse.

Is the tin foil interfering with your signal and not allowing you to read/interpret what I posted ?

To be clearer, when I say New Money, I'm saying that any monies raised should IMO, be going to the club, rather than buying shares from current shareholders.

The rational being that this should surely be about what is best for the football club, first and foremost.

Edited by buster.

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

Is the tin foil interfering with your signal and not allowing you to read/interpret what I posted ?

To be clearer, when I say New Money, I'm saying that any monies raised should IMO, be going to the club, rather than buying shares from current shareholders.

The rational[sic] being that this should surely be about what is best for the football club, first and foremost.

What are you talking about?

4 hours ago, craig said:

No, clearly it is YOU that hasn’t read anything that I have said.

I’ll say it again though.  I am NOT speaking AT YOU.  You need to take it less personally.

just because I reply to you doesn’t mean I am specifically talking to you.  Can you not see that ?

im not saying you’ve said anything.  I’m relying to your post but making general observations about the topic.

how you continually see this as me speaking to you is beyond me.

ive not once said “you said” or “I disagree with what you say”.  I’m taking your points and then talking about that situation.

Not sure how much clearer I can be.

Nothing wrong with positivity but don’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen and don’t be crying if you find out it isn’t actually in the clubs best interests.

positivity is great.  Blind positivity is dangerous.

Wow, that’s some reply and what a way to speak to someone.

Have a good day 

Daft question. What if club1872 don't raise all of the money?

As a fan of club1872 my questions would be more for them going forward (most of it covered in other posts). Guarantees/transparency etc has to be addressed. They'll need to admit and own what has went wrong in the past. 

Some of their work (confronting papers and BBC) has been fantastic. But it's been erratic and they've disappeared completely for huge periods of time. A consistent, reliable, transparent defender of the club and support is what I'd expect from them in return for any investment.