Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

If I'm honest, not a lot. Why do you think he's agreed to an interview?

Like the Mr. Beaton (Castore), he seems to have signed up for the full tour of Rangers podcasts.

Like Mr.Beaton, he has something to propose/sell. 

Don't get me wrong. I more than recognise what Dave King has done for the club and put my grain of sand toward the good fight back in the day but IMO, you have to judge things on their particular merits and as they come along. 

The current fragility is financial rather than the make-up of the board (btw. already mostly Rangers fans).... and that is what IMO, needs addressed within what is a relationship of vested interests.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Like the Mr. Beaton (Castore), he seems to have signed up for the full tour of Rangers podcasts.

Like Mr.Beaton, he has something to propose/sell. 

Don't get me wrong. I more than recognise what Dave King has done for the club and put my grain of sand toward the good fight back in the day but IMO, you have to judge things on their particular merits and as they come along. 

The current fragility is financial rather than the make-up of the board (btw. already mostly Rangers fans).... and that is what IMO, needs addressed within what is a relationship of vested interests.

There are three huge mysteries in all of this.

1. Why did King step down as chairman when he did, with what seemed like undue haste and without a ready successor in the wings?

2. Why is Dave King only willing to sell to Club1872 in what looks like an attempt to deny those shares to other current shareholders and what does that say about the crucial matter of board cohesion?

3. Why is Club1872 such an opaque organisation and why does it have so little to say about how it will use a controlling shareholding?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

The club has to become self sustainable regardless. Whether that means CL money, Player sales or Cutting our cloth accordingly. Or the more reasonable combination of these. 

Is it desirable to have grass roots fans own a sizable percentage of the club. YES

Would it be best if that was achieved with investment directly to the club. YES 

Is that an option. Doesn't seem so. 

Do the club require the funds to remain operational. We are told No. 

IS this all typically disappointing........ 

I'm not sure why people think that a investment directly into the club isn't an option. The club needs cash and I can't see why the directors wouldn't accept a reasonably sized investment.

Yes, the club needs funds to remain operational. They need £8m for this season and £14.4m for next season.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

I note the overnight carfuffle over on FF on specific things/allegations to do with this matter and the customary division based mainly on faith or lack of, in individuals involved. 

Disregarding the difficulty of raising large sums of money in what will be a time of general economic carnage,...shouldn't it simply be about what is best for the football club?

IM(inexpert)O, the recent accounts spell out the need for new money.

The accounts specifically state this buster.  This "investment" is not new money though as the Club see none of it.

Welcome back by the way

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why doesn't Club1872 offer it's £millions to Rangers as a soft loan, redeemable in shares on agreeable terms? They could even restrict what the money could be used for. Money goes to the club, in time shares go to Club1872, what's the problem for anyone other than Dave King?

I can only guess that the board are not interested in doing that just now.

Does Club1872 have money in place to make such an offer just now? I would also guess not.