Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

One this is blatantly obvious , that even after everything we have been through , the level of business acumen we have in general through out the support , and general knowledge on the goings on at companies that operate such as ours is very very limited .These are the people that club1872 and to an extent DK are targeting with the “never again “ campaign slogan as it pulls on the heart strings , but it’s shameless and I’m embarrassed that they have sunk so low .

I have no axe to bare with DK and like most am very thankful for the majority of what he achieved , Ashley apart because that became personal between them .

As the old saying goes , a fool and their money are easily parted . 

1 hour ago, rbr said:

One this is blatantly obvious , that even after everything we have been through , the level of business acumen we have in general through out the support , and general knowledge on the goings on at companies that operate such as ours is very very limited .These are the people that club1872 and to an extent DK are targeting with the “never again “ campaign slogan as it pulls on the heart strings , but it’s shameless and I’m embarrassed that they have sunk so low .

I have no axe to bare with DK and like most am very thankful for the majority of what he achieved , Ashley apart because that became personal between them .

As the old saying goes , a fool and their money are easily parted . 

I suspect there will be no shortage of fools to encourage this nonsense, each believing that helping Club1872 is the same as helping Rangers. That’s the power of storytelling 

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Nevertheless let's not forget King is, especially after tonight's result, offering a discount and a level of shareholding that can protect supporter interests (25%+1 or not actually).  That deserves some positive acknowledgement alongside the suspicion I've noted.

I don't believe he is offering it at a discount.

The last 2 share trades were at 18p.

The recent share issues are at 20p.

Given the lack of a market for his shares, I'd have expected C1872 to try and negotiate some sort of discount.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

I don't believe he is offering it at a discount.

The last 2 share trades were at 18p.

The recent share issues are at 20p.

Given the lack of a market for his shares, I'd have expected C1872 to try and negotiate some sort of discount.

Given the the three year term then I'd argue it is.  Of course that's dependent on our current form remaining and success being delivered.

I get he's not chucking them our way for nothing so perhaps an explanation of exactly what's he's doing might help and we're entitled to ask given the USP he's offering them under.

Like I say transparency.  I've spent £500 on a season book I've not been able to use yet so if they want me and 20,000 others to spend another monkey on shares I won't even own then I want to hear a lot more...

His recent interview , where he put his own valuation at as high as 50 p , was a tad cheeky , but it’s his right to do that if it’s what he believes , but from my perspective it had no basis on reality .

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

His recent interview , where he put his own valuation at as high as 50 p , was a tad cheeky , but it’s his right to do that if it’s what he believes , but from my perspective it had no basis on reality .

At this moment time of course it doesn't but, let's say we win the league, make the EL quarters, and qualify for the CL group stages next season on the top of other investment, e.g. Edmiston House.  What is the share price then?

Yes, if my aunty had baws she'd be my uncle and 50p is daft right now but fast forward to next December and 20p could easily be a bargain and that comes before the chance our co-efficient takes us directly into the group stages for 2022/23 and we've sold three players for £50m before then.  And we're still only two years into the three year payment term.

To be honest, I'm not sure the price is the main factor anyway.  Yes, it's worth discussing but the intentions now and after the fact hold more interest to me.

I just want people to be open-minded and see both sides of the literal coin.

PS: I have to temper my comments by saying I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as others on the financial side and that the share price can go down as well as up... ;)