Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

Call me naïve, call me cynical, but does anyone really believe that investors (Rangers inclined or otherwise) would willingly welcome a shareholder that can block special resolutions based on emotional sentiment?

Were/are C1872 liquid enough to have been approached in advance of the previous two share issues? Assuming that they weren’t in a suitable position to explain away a lack of offer/take up, does the Club and its board approve of the shareholding being increased as opposed to it having been diluted as has been the case as a result of the aforementioned rounds?

Will any of this become clearer following the next RIFC AGM?

4 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

We just issued 13,750,000 new shares.

Let me guess, at 20p each?

Edit: it is at 20p each.  Thats the fourth allotment of shares in 2 months

Edited by stewarty

39 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I don't think it's good for the club if we're seen as a black hole you throw money down without any hope of ever getting it back. Perhaps if the club itself set up a share-buying scheme, where small investors, like Bill up thread, were able to invest into it and they slowly bought existing shares from current shareholders at an agreed rate or at market value,

I'm also not sure that it's good for the club that its supporters are seen to putting money into a third party shareholder, rather than the club itself when it's still needing money. However I take the point that you're making but it's a bit chicken and egg.

I believe that it's not possible legally for the club to set up a share-buying scheme. I do seem to recall some restrictions coming to light when it was looked at before.