Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

Like the Mr. Beaton (Castore), he seems to have signed up for the full tour of Rangers podcasts.

Like Mr.Beaton, he has something to propose/sell. 

Don't get me wrong. I more than recognise what Dave King has done for the club and put my grain of sand toward the good fight back in the day but IMO, you have to judge things on their particular merits and as they come along. 

The current fragility is financial rather than the make-up of the board (btw. already mostly Rangers fans).... and that is what IMO, needs addressed within what is a relationship of vested interests.

Buster,

You continue to breathe?

Hopefully, you are here to stay?

I thought you were Oscar Mike, yomping to Bootneck heaven. Still, suddenly appearing on a thread, full of threaders is gopping behaviour.

Exhibit your charm.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

All depends how the company is run.

The only real option is to keep the plates spinning and hope that we reach the other side by next May (Title) and August (Euro GpStage qualification/preferably CL).

Up until this point, the current board (majority Rangers fans) have been doing a very decent job improving the infrastucture and adding value. Not to mention, the finance they have put in to keep those plates spinning. However, they are not bottomless pits and the club may need further injections of cash in the coming months/years beyond the projections.

As Forlan has said, those who stump up the money are really who should decide where it goes.

15 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Buster,

You continue to breathe?

Hopefully, you are here to stay?

I thought you were Oscar Mike, yomping to Bootneck heaven. Still, suddenly appearing on a thread, full of threaders is gopping behaviour.

Exhibit your charm.

Never been better, thanks ! ....Definitely still breathing (a la Wim Hoff) but more sea swimming rather than ye auld yomping. Put it this way, I'm mid fifties and could breeze The Paras basic training although still a way to go before I'll be able to get past the SBS tests at Poole ?

Edited by buster.

28 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The fact they have never asked or offered the opportunity. Quite the opposite in fact. 

those funds are already committed.

We don't know what's been asked, but I presume that the board have a fair idea of C1872's cash reserves, and ultimately it should be C1872 who offer. It's them who decide what the cash can be used for.

If C1872 have offered to put an investment into the club and ben refused then the members should be made aware.

55 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Ha! Appreciate that even if it is in jest somewhat! 

Important to note, We’ll ask the questions, even the difficult ones and we’ll let people judge 

I’m pro fan involvement, I’m also pro this board & the points made before are relevant 

It’s a challenging one but something I’m looking forward to  

I am pro those things too.  If done properly.

40 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

1. He wasn't willing to invest further cash?

2. I doubt that there's anyone other than C1872 looking to buy his shares. I can't see the other shareholders willing to fork out for them. It therefore suggests that he's a forced seller and C1872 should have looked to negotiate the price down.

3. I'll pass on that one.

To be fair, with regards to #1, he did say that he could no longer invest in equity due to SARS issues.  So I would say "couldn't" rather than "wasn't willing"

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We don't know what's been asked, but I presume that the board have a fair idea of C1872's cash reserves, and ultimately it should be C1872 who offer. It's them who decide what the cash can be used for.

If C1872 have offered to put an investment into the club and been refused then the members should be made aware.

I think we do know Club 1872 have offered loans and been refused though that was a while back IIRC. We also know that the public have been excluded from these share issues. 

My understanding was that Club 1872 haven't been allowed to maintain their stock holding. 

Perhaps we can agree that current investment seems to be a closed shop for a select few?

38 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The fact they have never asked or offered the opportunity. Quite the opposite in fact. 

those funds are already committed.

Whilst true, it would alleviate the financial burden on Messrs Park & Bennett if this 13 million went into the club.  It could, if needed, also allow them to still commit those funds to future fiscal years, which would ensure longer term financial viability.  This current incarnation puts money in King's pocket (fair enough) but nothing financially in the pocket of the club (worrying).

Purchasing control is great, but if it puts the club in a precarious financial state then having control means little.

Just now, craig said:

Whilst true, it would alleviate the financial burden on Messrs Park & Bennett if this 13 million went into the club.  It could, if needed, also allow them to still commit those funds to future fiscal years, which would ensure longer term financial viability.  This current incarnation puts money in King's pocket (fair enough) but nothing financially in the pocket of the club (worrying).

Purchasing control is great, but if it puts the club in a precarious financial state then having control means little.

to me it seems they want the burden and the shares that go with it. 

i see no sign of public offering. Or indeed wider offering to existing shareholders.