Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

And I don't see why Rangers supporters couldn't make a success of it. After all, we have plenty of business experience just on this board -not to mention ex-players who might well become involved.

That's a bit like saying there's no reason why Scotland couldn't be successful as an independent country. Of course we could be successful but only if the right people are making the right decisions for the right reasons. As things stand, everything points to that not being the case but huge numbers of people ignore that reality and vote for it anyway. I'm afraid it looks like the same mythology is at play among Rangers fans.

8 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Better the devils we know than the ones we don't.

Much better not to follow devils at all. The way you do that is by opening eyes and minds and making judgements based on reality, not blind faith.

24 minutes ago, rbr said:

To be fair to club1872, they need to watch as any money they have needs to be used to keep their shareholding as is , without getting further dilution.

Why so? What practical difference would it make to anything if Club1872's shareholding went up or down by a percentage point?

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's a bit like saying there's no reason why Scotland couldn't be successful as an independent country. Of course we could be successful but only if the right people are making the right decisions for the right reasons. As things stand, everything points to that not being the case but huge numbers of people ignore that reality and vote for it anyway. I'm afraid it looks like the same mythology is at play among Rangers fans.

Much better not to follow devils at all. The way you do that is by opening eyes and minds and making judgements based on reality, not blind faith.

That's why I started off with the phrase 'justified questioning.'  And why I will keep a watching brief.

57 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

then what are the chances of the opportunity arising in the future.....

my belief is it's all been about only giving shares to the "right people" for years now. That may change or we may be sitting here in 5 years going wish i hadn't kept my money for a share issue that didn't happen. 

My view is that they won't open it up. If you or I wish to own shares we would need to purchase them on the open market.

I don't think it's about the "right people" per se. We obviously want to avoid another Ashley but the costs of having a public issue, producing a prospectus etc are hundreds of thousands of pounds.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Club 1872 have chosen their option. I am saying the club need to offer an alternative if they want the cash instead. 

I agree they have chosen the wrong option. I agree with all you say. 

I just point out it's currently irrelevant for me. 

Fair enough. 

However I'd disagree slightly and say that the 3 people on the board (plus the shadow director?) have chosen their option, which isn't the same as the whole organisation choosing it, which obviously they haven't been given that chance...although I guess it could be argued that those taking up the offer are agreeing to it as well.

54 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

My view is that they won't open it up. If you or I wish to own shares we would need to purchase them on the open market.

I don't think it's about the "right people" per se. We obviously want to avoid another Ashley but the costs of having a public issue, producing a prospectus etc are hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I agree and on that basis say that this is worth a look. 

The main issue is the Club 1872 governance. IF i put my 500 into Club 1872 the football club aren't losing out. 

52 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Fair enough. 

However I'd disagree slightly and say that the 3 people on the board (plus the shadow director?) have chosen their option, which isn't the same as the whole organisation choosing it, which obviously they haven't been given that chance...although I guess it could be argued that those taking up the offer are agreeing to it as well.

Yeah agree on that too. 

But it appears to be where we are. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

members get a vote on the use of that money. 

What has that got to do with with the effectiveness of Club1872 shareholding if it goes up or down?