Dave King to Sell Shares to Club 1872

6 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Daft question. What if club1872 don't raise all of the money?

It's a very sensible question that hasn't been addressed.

I presume that whatever money is raised will go to King for as many shares as they can afford.

Some may have seen some threads on FF over the past 12 hours and wondered what is going on. Some of it was information that I knew confidentially and couldn't reveal and there's been a bit of new information and here's my take on it. 

• Chris Graham is heavily involved with C1872 and it's been suggested to me that nothing happens without his approval, although he is unelected. He seems to be acting as a shadow director.
  • He was employed by Rangers (apparently at a salary of £75K) although this has never been publicised.
  • I think he was being paid for doing a lot of the C1872 administration but I'm not 100% sure on that.
  • When Dave King stood down as a director, Chris's job disappeared.
  • I've read that Park dislikes Graham but don't know the veracity of it, but given the job loss, it's highly possible.
  • The Chris Graham-influenced C1872 is now proposing to lead a fund raising campaign for cash to King rather than the club, without the members being consulted as to where they would like the cash to go.
  • The question raised on FF was "Is Chris Graham losing his circa £75k salary from Rangers the catalyst for C1872 power grab?" While I disagree with the use of "power grab" it's an interesting question. Is it some sort of payback for the job loss? 

It's amazing that Stevie's innocuous fist post has triggered the responses it has. I have no financial expertise so I respect the contributions of those who have. They make valid points which I am sure Stevie will cover off in his discussions. My initial reaction was in line with Stevie. I thought that a fan group owing a large share holding would be a good thing and I maybe mistakenly believed that this would be a widely held view. If what is being said that the fans owning a sizable share would deter other investors, then maybe a fans holding is not such a great idea after all. 

I look forward the Stevie reporting on his discussions. They may not unite all gersnetters but I'm sure I'll be better informed. 

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Just to emphasise that the club needs £14.4m of additional cash for next season.

We seem to be saying that we don't care about that. We could raise the vast majority of it but rather than use it to help the club, we're going to give it to Dave King and just sit back and let Douglas Park and John Bennett supply the funding. 

Is that attitude more likely or less likely for Park and Bennett to continue to put money into the club? These are presumably emotional guys who may turn round and say "fuck it. If you're giving your cash to King , why should we give our cash to the club?"

C1872 are playing with fire.

Despite the good vibes surrounding the club at present, the only real foundation to it is that we have increased asset value in terms of potential player trading.....and that is something that can diminish relatively quickly dependent on circumstances.

If the football team can maintain it's general consistency of result through to next September, both domestically and in Europe, the foundations would look a lot stronger (ideally CL group stage rather than ELGS or in worst case scenario, no GpStage).

In other words, we are not out of the woods as yet and you would have thought C1872 investment strategy would take that into consideration.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

I note the overnight carfuffle over on FF on specific things/allegations to do with this matter and the customary division based mainly on faith or lack of, in individuals involved. 

Disregarding the difficulty of raising large sums of money in what will be a time of general economic carnage,...shouldn't it simply be about what is best for the football club?

IM(inexpert)O, the recent accounts spell out the need for new money.

Good to see you've escaped Mossads clutches once again :ph34r:

The thread on FF reminds me of the shit we faced back in the days of Whyte and then Green. 

People finding the truth so unpalatable that they think shooting the messenger will change the facts.

The thought of doing their own research on the veracity of the OP's claims never enters their closed minds.

The OP of that thread on FF is absolutely impeccably sourced and his strike rate on such matters is 100%, his posting history like everyone else's is available for anyone to check if they can be arsed to put down their pitchforks for 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

Good to see you've escaped Mossads clutches once again :ph34r:

The thread on FF reminds me of the shit we faced back in the days of Whyte and then Green. 

People finding the truth so unpalatable that they think shooting the messenger will change the facts.

The thought of doing their own research on the veracity of the OP's claims never enters their closed minds.

The OP of that thread on FF is absolutely impeccably sourced and his strike rate on such matters is 100%, his posting history like everyone else's is available for anyone to check if they can be arsed to put down their pitchforks for 5 minutes.

Aye, too many never learn lessons.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

This thread sums up why Rangers supporters might make a mess of fan ownership. 

Nail not only struck on head but driven home in one whack.

Fan ownership might be ok but not for any club at a higher level than Shrewsbury Town. Don’t tell me Real. I doubt if Manolo fae Madrid has much say in their governance.

22 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Just to emphasise that the club needs £14.4m of additional cash for next season.

We seem to be saying that we don't care about that. We could raise the vast majority of it but rather than use it to help the club, we're going to give it to Dave King and just sit back and let Douglas Park and John Bennett supply the funding. 

Is that attitude more likely or less likely for Park and Bennett to continue to put money into the club? These are presumably emotional guys who may turn round and say "fuck it. If you're giving your cash to King , why should we give our cash to the club?"

Worrying about this is putting the cart before the horse, no?

The first priority, for anyone, should be to gain a significant degree of control.

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

• The question raised on FF was "Is Chris Graham losing his circa £75k salary from Rangers the catalyst for C1872 power grab?" While I disagree with the use of "power grab" it's an interesting question. Is it some sort of payback for the job loss? 

Seems like a rather silly question to me.

75k is chicken feed in comparison to the potential sums involved.

Edited by ranger_syntax