[FT] Rangers 3 (Goldson 39; Tavernier 45+1 pen; Arfield 63) - 2 Standard Liege

That win felt great! Started both halves pretty passively but determination and came through with flying colors. RTV gave MOTM to Kent and I would agree. Not everything he did came off but his energy continually created chances such as the great assist for the winner, you’ve got to give him credit. Arfield so important to how we play and I thought Morelos was very good again tonight. Kamara with another big European performance and Goldson’s header was an absolute peach to get us back in the game, albeit for just 2 mins. 
Overall, very happy with the result and the performance. Onward now we go to the most important game of the season against Ross County on Sunday. 

Edited by weebluedevil

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Is this the first time we have reached 11 points in a European group stage ?

I remember under PLG, we got 10 pts from a 4 game group.

12 or 14pts would be in keeping with nearly everything else that has gone on this season. It's not normal but I like it !!! 

19bfb640-e71d-4a73-9e2c-0a0f4f3924a6.png

That’s the benefit of having people in the dugout who have a real clue. Previous managers have shown undoubted nous in Europe but the current guys have a slight edge in that they have played and won at the highest level.

But I digress, we could’ve come unstuck tonight. The really pleasing aspect is that we didn’t panic, we upped our levels when required and should have ran out more comfortable winners. Without putting the cart before the horse, I’d love to see what our recruitment could look like with access to greater resources. Along side an insatiable desire for success by way of silverware, I’d imagine that the carrot of being able to shop for better players must be a tremendous incentive for Stevie and his staff.

Well done to everyone concerned. The only thing to bring a wider smile to my coupon this evening is the sight of smoke coming off Colonel Blink’s eyelid as he was recounting the abysmal defending of the Charlies backline, just as Super struggled to keep a straight face.

Luvleh.

Forza Gers

Our coefficient points are up around the 24.250 mark , another small nudge and we are right into decent seeding areas .

A victory in the group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000. Also, each group winner earns €1,000,000 and each runner-up €500,000. Reaching the knock-out stage triggers additional bonuses: €500,000 for the round of 32, €1,100,000 for the round of 16, €1,500,000 for the quarter-finals and €2,400,000 for the semi-finals.

Edited by rbr

How the last 32 draw works .

The draw will comprise 12 group winners, 12 group runners-up and eight third-placed sides from the Champions League who will drop into the Europa League knockout phase.
The clubs will be split into two pots, with the 12 group winners and the four best third-ranked teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage all seeded.
No team can play a club from their Europa League group or a side from the same national association at this stage.