[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 26; Goldson 44)

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Who needs Morelos we have one of the top goalscorers going in Tavernier stick the number nine shirt on him and let him  get on with it ? ?

Tav's new role of getting more in and around the 6 yard box is paying off big style but we still need a central forward ?

However, did you note Morelos having a go at him for getting in the way of a pass.

It was the first half , the ball came in from the right and Tav scooped the ball past the post in what was a decent effort........Then in the second half Morelos gets the ball but it ends up trundling through to the keeper as Tav and Morelos almost collide.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Tav's new role of getting more in and around the 6 yard box is paying off big style but we still need a central forward ?

However, did you note Morelos having a go at him for getting in the way of a pass.

It was the first half , the ball came in from the right and Tav scooped the ball past the post in what was a decent effort........Then in the second half Morelos gets the ball but it ends up trundling through to the keeper as Tav and Morelos almost collide.

I think most of our goals have come from defenders or half backs 

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Strikers will always moan at other players who decrease their own chances of scoring - if they lost that desire it would be concerning. 

I know that, you know that, we all know that !

It was just a passing observation with no specific motive.

My particular issue with the risks that Alfredo brings having been made clear.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Well reasoned point regards the football side of it but I don't think that is the real issue here.

If SG&Co think he is the best footballer in the squad for whatever role, then fair enough and aslong as results continue the way they are going, no problems.

I’ve never been one to subscribe to the view that we shouldn’t second guess the management’s decisions so why start now ? they must know he is better suited to being a penalty box striker, but prioritised the new system over what suits Alfredo. There is definitely pressure to persevere with him too due to his large wage, the bids which have been rejected and prospect of future bids. 

Steven Gerrard:  "It won't be long before Alfredo is back scoring goals. It is important to note he is still doing a great job for the team. We have been really proud of what he is giving this season to the team.".

17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Agree with the sentiment, and Edouard has been terrible, but to be a tad pedantic Morelos has had 9 goal involvements using official numbers instead of Transfermarkt.