[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 26; Goldson 44)

Steven McLean really is utter scum. Has been dreadful all half, breaking up the game, slowing down the taking of free kicks etc, taking ages to speak to players. Ensuring we have the minimum momentum possible to establish our game.

Yet again, we get a corner and he blows for time up before we get to take it. You won’t ever find him doing that against a certain other mob, or when the corner is against us.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Steven McLean really is utter scum. Has been dreadful all half, breaking up the game, slowing down the taking of free kicks etc, taking ages to speak to players. Ensuring we have the minimum momentum possible to establish our game.

Yet again, we get a corner and he blows for time up before we get to take it. You won’t ever find him doing that against a certain other mob, or when the corner is against us.

He loves to be center of attention, look at me!!

By far the dominant team but with Utd sitting so deep there's not a lot of space to operate in and it's no coincidence that our main chances have come from set plays or when we do manage to make some space in wider areas for the cross.

Utd are working extremely hard and not afraid to be physical so credit to our players for not getting dragged into that battle and trying to maintain our usual game.

Has to be said Morelos is lucky to still be on the park after a silly challenge but he went onto force himself into the match and should have scored late on before Goldson did.  I think after a quiet start Roofe and Kent were also starting to get to grips with Utd's system and the surface and were looking more dangerous as the game went on.

A lot of football left in this though as Utd are a threat on the break and from set pieces too.  Let's hope we can grab the next goal and hopefully kill them off.

I had a feeling this was going to be tough.

This scummy side, at this ground, with that Ref. Ugh.

I wanted Morelos off early too: he looks overly aggressive, which is not bad, but that booking could have been a red and they're winding him up a bit. 

They're making it really tough, defending deep. 

It was only later in the half that we started to find space out wide, with Kent drifting wide. We need to double down on that space out wide. Itten for Morelos might suit that too, giving a more traditional target man. 

Should have had a penalty, or two. 

Morelos was certainly walking a tightrope early on, but I thought he composed himself after that yellow.

He even pulled out of a few challenges, intelligently. 

I think I would still maybe take him off, though.

This side are looking for that fight. 

Arabs dug in 5 m behind the halfway line and hoping for a counter. Morelos lucky, but got on well after that. Stunning goals ... and IMHO Smith sure only meant to pass it accross the area and got lucky. Might have had a penalty when Roofe was flattend by defender and goalie, should have had one when Kent was barged to the ground. Stay alert and keep concentration up lads.