[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

• Frankie changed the title to Compensatory Control; Beware Of The Slip - Rangers v Motherwell

The compensatory control aspect is fascinating.  I wonder what percentage of football fans are afflicted with it?  I think superstition is nonsense but also have lucky socks, scarves, trainers and have to sit or stand with my arms crossed when Rangers take a penalty (I also refrain from gulping).

Big game on Saturday.  I'm hopeful Wednesday was just a bad day at the office and we'll get back to winning ways - I'd assume SG will go with our strongest side, particularly in the full back positions and in midfield. 

FWIW, I think we'll see this team tomorrow.  As much as Aribo was awful the other night, Arfield didn't look fit to me (perhaps he was ill or something) so I think Joe will be given another chance.

I also think Defoe will come back into the starting XI as we'll need his composure and experience in attack.

rfc_motherwell.jpg

Compensatory control is fascinating in it's power and effect. I have watched every game this season wearing the same Gers T shirt and Sweatshirt. I steadfastly refused to launder these during that 26 match winning streak! Luckily I watch alone, so do not have to worry about my odour ridden ware impacting on other family members. Both items were unceremoniously dumped in laundry basket at the sound of full time whistle on Wednesday evening. Now the dilemma. I cannot wear these again freshly laundered. Bad juju! I know I have new Gers Sweatshirt to wear for Xmas, but we have to games before then. Possible solution? Watch the next two games in the nude. ?

Thanks to @JohnMc for a great match preview!:yay:

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The compensatory control aspect is fascinating.  I wonder what percentage of football fans are afflicted with it?  I think superstition is nonsense but also have lucky socks, scarves, trainers and have to sit or stand with my arms crossed when Rangers take a penalty (I also refrain from gulping).

Big game on Saturday.  I'm hopeful Wednesday was just a bad day at the office and we'll get back to winning ways - I'd assume SG will go with our strongest side, particularly in the full back positions and in midfield. 

I think superstition is nonsense too. 

I don't play the lottery either, but family members will play religiously, and then extra when their hand itches or they see a black cat. Nonsense. 

Until it comes to Rangers, and bad juju...

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Compensatory control is fascinating in it's power and effect. I have watched every game this season wearing the same Gers T shirt and Sweatshirt. I steadfastly refused to launder these during that 26 match winning streak! Luckily I watch alone, so do not have to worry about my odour ridden ware impacting on other family members. Both items were unceremoniously dumped in laundry basket at the sound of full time whistle on Wednesday evening. Now the dilemma. I cannot wear these again freshly laundered. Bad juju! I know I have new Gers Sweatshirt to wear for Xmas, but we have to games before then. Possible solution? Watch the next two games in the nude. ?

Thanks to @JohnMc for a great match preview!:yay:

It must be done.

This is the way. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

FWIW, I think we'll see this team tomorrow.  As much as Aribo was awful the other night, Arfield didn't look fit to me (perhaps he was ill or something) so I think Joe will be given another chance.

I don't know if Arfield was afllcted with anything on Wednesday but it did look as though Joe Aribo was going through a bout of dissociative identity disorder. It looked like he thought he was Kyle Hutton. 

Not good that we still see no sign of Ryan Jack.

Thanks for the entertaining preview, John ?

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Rangers fans have been damaged by the events of the last few years. We got used to mentally preparing ourselves for the worst. It was easier that way when it inevitably happened.

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Every side loses matches, it’s how they respond to them that matters.

Exceptional review by @JohnMc , really enjoyed reading that. Give him a new weekly contract.

I would only add that stumbles like the other night can also be viewed as opportunities. But only if the character of the squad is right ... and I believe it is. I expect Gerrard knows this too and Motherwell will get a tanking.