[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Will Morelos be in the starting XI at McDiarmid Park, I wonder...

Was watching Alfies goals from 2019 last night and I was taken aback by how much weight he is carrying at the moment. He's not been the same player since coming back from that break last New Year IMO.

Saying that....I'd still put money on him starting on Wednesday though 

19 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Was watching Alfies goals from 2019 last night and I was taken aback by how much weight he is carrying at the moment. He's not been the same player since coming back from that break last New Year IMO.

Saying that....I'd still put money on him starting on Wednesday though 

Thought the same, he is now a different shape compared to the first half of last season.

You'd imagine it is something to do with bulking up over the long Covid lay-off rather than simply eating more chips and biscuits.

It might help certain areas of his game but IMO it takesaway from his sharpness and mobility when getting into goalscoring positions or getting ahead of a defender.

On 20/12/2020 at 09:01, buster. said:

Agreed, I said a week or so ago that this period, up to and including Hibs (A) in January would be where we win or possibly, lose the title.

Seven points (+GD) is a healthy gap but it could flip in a fortnight. On the other hand, foot on the throat and we can close the deal before Feburary.

Personally I think that if we take full points from our next 5 games (St Johnstone (A); Hibs (H); St Mirren (A); Celtic (H) and Aberdeen (A)) then we will win the league - gaining 15 points in those 5 games is certainly achievable - won't be easy but should obviously be the aim.   And, IMHO, it HAS to be the aim as I can't see Celtic dropping points from any of their next 5 games, aside from us.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Personally I think that if we take full points from our next 5 games (St Johnstone (A); Hibs (H); St Mirren (A); Celtic (H) and Aberdeen (A)) then we will win the league - gaining 15 points in those 5 games is certainly achievable - won't be easy but should obviously be the aim.   And, IMHO, it HAS to be the aim as I can't see Celtic dropping points from any of their next 5 games, aside from us.

We can only keep on winning and and we will be tickityboo 

2 hours ago, craig said:

After watching their Cup final V Hearts, I wouldn't be so sure about them not dropping points. They are a nightmare at the back. They are also playing with pressure for the first time in years which shows in their decision making IMO. They know they cannot afford any more slips in the league and that can change how a team performs. When Hearts started applying pressure you could see their players going for easy options and not being brave on the ball. I put that down to pressure 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

We've got to with our strongest XI for the next group of games. 

--------McGregor-------

--Goldson---Helander--

Tav---------------Borna

----Davis----Kamara----

----------Arfield---------

Roofe---------------Kent

-----------Alfie----------

Hopefully Alfie can back scoring in time for the Dhims to visit...