[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Before any chance of winning this title is taken from us can someone in authority commit to censoring all posts by@craig for the next few weeks? It appears he's now attempting to jinx five games at a time. Please, before it's too late. 

spacer.png

Relax.

Everybody knows that if you think too far ahead you'll fail to jinx the next game coming up.

One game at a time.

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

We've got to with our strongest XI for the next group of games. 

--------McGregor-------

--Goldson---Helander--

Tav---------------Borna

----Davis----Kamara----

----------Arfield---------

Roofe---------------Kent

-----------Alfie----------

Hopefully Alfie can back scoring in time for the Dhims to visit...

I feel we have to find a way to get Hagi in the team. The difference he makes is considerable but I suspect we need Jack back or Zungu up to speed before that might happen.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

I feel we have to find a way to get Hagi in the team. The difference he makes is considerable but I suspect we need Jack back or Zungu up to speed before that might happen.

Bill, it was Hagi or Arfield in there but sometimes I feel Scotty Arfield is more suited to these games

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Bill, it was Hagi it or Arfield in there but sometimes I feel Scotty Arfield is more suited to these games

You could be right. I just feel Arfield is better suited to games where the opposition wants a slightly more open game and we can counter attack - as in Europe or old firm games - and is least effective where space is more constrained and invention is at a premium. Where Arfield wins over Hagi is where defensive duties carry greater value, which is why we need a more effective defensive sitting midfielder to complement him. For some of these games I would prefer to see Hagi and Jack rather than Arfield and Kamara ...... but luckily Gerrard isn't asking my opinion ?

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

You could be right. I just feel Arfield is better suited to games where the opposition wants a slightly more open game and we can counter attack - as in Europe or old firm games - and is least effective where space is more constrained and invention is at a premium. Where Arfield wins over Hagi is where defensive duties carry greater value, which is why we need a more effective defensive sitting midfielder to complement him. For some of these games I would prefer to see Hagi and Jack rather than Arfield and Kamara ...... but luckily Gerrard isn't asking my opinion ?

I wholeheartedly agree. The St Mirren cup game was evidence of this. I'm just hoping St Johnstone are more expansive than 5-5-0. Arfield is better with space to run into. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hagi is the type of player who needs a run of games, I don't think we see the best of him coming on as a sub even though his form has dipped a bit but he sees a forward pass quicker than most players, also we have missed Jack big time IMO and I will be glad when he is back.

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I wholeheartedly agree. The St Mirren cup game was evidence of this. I'm just hoping St Johnstone are more expansive than 5-5-0...

Ah, my misunderstanding. I was talking about more than just the St Johnstone game. I think St Johnstone will again set up very defensively and look to counter attack but Arfield will probably need to start anyway since Jack almost certainly won't be risked. For the Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen games Arfield might well be the natural option. Otherwise I think Hagi is a better option to unlock packed defences. 

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Hagi is the type of player who needs a run of games, I don't think we see the best of him coming on as a sub even though his form has dipped a bit but he sees a forward pass quicker than most players, also we have missed Jack big time IMO and I will be glad when he is back.

Just hope Jack isn't too rusty and finds his form quickly but this is the perfect time to get our best midfielder back in harness.

Edited by Bill