[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

19 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

We've got to with our strongest XI for the next group of games. 

--------McGregor-------

--Goldson---Helander--

Tav---------------Borna

----Davis----Kamara----

----------Arfield---------

Roofe---------------Kent

-----------Alfie----------

Hopefully Alfie can back scoring in time for the Dhims to visit...

If you want to talk about a group of games, It's going to be about a strongest XV11

- If Jack comes back in then you have a natural and solid option to rotate

- Barisic has to start all games

- Aribo needs minutes and an opportunity to get back to form because he is a gamechanger and we need to see at least one of him or Kent get back to early season form

- Hagi is effective and merits minutes

- Roofe can't be flogged 

- Alfie (for some he's just had his best two games of the season) remains first choice, let's see how he goes tonight

- Itten will play a part

- Balogun will probably get starts

- There will probably be injuries 

- Zungu is an option although if Jack returns and Davis stays fit, he won't be starting in these next few games

- Could Jones or Middleton yet be the Wingers who came in from the cold ?

I do love a Middleton corner swinging in. The trajectory reminds me of being frozen on Dartmoor watching 1 in 1 tracer rounds illuminating the night sky.

It's the Management that need to get it right..........Horses for Courses

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

If you want to talk about a group of games, It's going to be about a strongest XV11

- If Jack comes back in then you have a natural and solid option to rotate

- Barisic has to start all games

- Aribo needs minutes and an opportunity to get back to form because he is a gamechanger and we need to see at least one of him or Kent get back to early season form

- Hagi is effective and merits minutes

- Roofe can't be flogged 

- Alfie (for some he's just had his best two games of the season) remains first choice, let's see how he goes tonight

- Itten will play a part

- Balogun will probably get starts

- There will probably be injuries 

- Zungu is an option although if Jack returns and Davis stays fit, he won't be starting in these next few games

- Could Jones or Middleton yet be the Wingers who came in from the cold ?

I do love a Middleton corner swinging in. The trajectory reminds me of being frozen on Dartmoor watching 1 in 1 tracer rounds illuminating the night sky.

It's the Management that need to get it right..........Horses for Courses

Good points Buster but I feel we need to think about the XI who are going to start the game, set the tempo and ultimately get a stranglehold on the game. Our tempo has dipped over the last few games IMO and we need to go for it from the first whistle. Subs are great (Saturday being a great example) but it also signifies that the starting XI have fallen below recent high standards. I'd rather our subs are coming onto to the pitch with us in a winning position tbh

2 hours ago, buster. said:

The trajectory reminds me of being frozen on Dartmoor watching 1 in 1 tracer rounds illuminating the night sky.

They do that to escaping prisoners? 

Good description. Somebody else used to put in corners like that. Willie Johnston? Canna mind.

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Good description. Somebody else used to put in corners like that. Willie Johnston? Canna mind.

Judging by the number of goals Jackson and Johnstone scored from Tommy McLean's corners I think he might lodge a claim for the corner kicking trophy. 

BTW I don't think I ever met a more humble and generous bloke than Colin Jackson, everything you could want a Rangers player to be, off and on the park.

22 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Prisoners get it easy compared to back in the day, all things go, basic training in the Marines.

You go back further than I but Wee Tam was the considered artist of finding a head wearing a Blue jersey. The goalscorers always got the headlines but McLean deserved them just as much. He preferred more of a floated aerial ball, akin to the delivery of a hand grenade from an extremely strong arm....not to mention his ability to pick a pass.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Prisoners get it easy compared to back in the day, all things go, basic training in the Marines.

You go back further than I but Wee Tam was the considered artist of finding a head wearing a Blue jersey. The goalscorers always got the headlines but McLean deserved them just as much. He preferred more of a floated aerial ball, akin to the delivery of a hand grenade from an extremely strong arm....not to mention his ability to pick a pass.

McLean would be my corners man if football had gone down the American Football route. 

The grenade is another good comparison. I’ve never fired or received tracer but from newsreel pictures, it seems you don’t see the first third of the trajectory and the last third comes in a helluva lot faster than the middle. Perhaps one of the Gallant Members of the board can confirm.

I’m still not certain who put in corners like that. It was from the left. Huistra? Maybe not even a winger. I’ll settle for Johnston. Where’s @compo?

Edited by Scott7

NATO Tracer is coloured red, Warsaw Pact Tracer was green.

As a recipient, it was mostly green. When the red stuff thumped in and around, we just assumed is was drunken Bootnecks. Blue on blue action is a certainty of RM SOP ie shower seven times a day.

19 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

NATO Tracer is coloured red, Warsaw Pact Tracer was green.

As a recipient, it was mostly green. When the red stuff thumped in and around, we just assumed is was drunken Bootnecks. Blue on blue action is a certainty of RM SOP ie shower seven times a day.

As the proud recipient of a Green Beret, I can only sympathise with you that you had to settle for ra' purple tyin.

Best tracer display I can tremember seeing was 1 in 1 being used from two GPMGs, both on sustained fire mode. 

Going forward, the Middleton tracer like trajetory will be frowned upon because of the Scud Impact Weight Effect  on the foreheid. 

Edited by buster.