[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

13 hours ago, Bill said:

McGregor

Tavernier - Goodson - Helander - Barisic

Davis - Hagi - Kamara

Itten - Roofe - Kent

I would go with the same personnel but change the formation slightly....

--------McGregor--------

---Goldson---Hellander--

Tav----------------Borna

----Davis----Kamara----

-----------Hagi----------

----Roofe------Kent-----

-----------Itten----------

Or does Aribo come in again to play himself out of this dip in form/confidence?

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Aribo was so far off it the other night that I don't think he will suddenly turn it around.

I'd like to see Hagi play because regardless of general play, he tends to do things that lead to goals.

Today shouldn't be anything other than 3 points, anything else and the other side of the city will celebrate so much that they'll probably forget to watch their Cup Final on Sunday. It's St.Johnstone (A) next midweek, where given the St.Mirren performance/result, the opposition will fancy their chances and we'll have to be well up for the game or suffer.

SG again said Ryan Jack "...is close...".

We could do with him back on Wednesday.

I read that we haven't won a league match immediately after losing a cup match, under Gerrard (not sure if this is 100% true).

However, we have reacted well after disappointing results this season and hopefully that continues today.

The next five matches are huge and today's is probably the easiest of the lot - we have to show our intent from the off.

Edited by Gonzo79

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I read that we haven't won a league match immediately after losing a cup match, under Gerrard (not sure if this is 100% true).

However, we have reacted well after disappointing results this season and hopefully that continues today.

The next five matches are huge and today's is probably the easiest of the lot - we have to show our intent from the off.

Wish 1 - 3 points 

Wish 2 - Good performance 

Wish 3 - Boost the GD

I don't ask for much...

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I would go with the same personnel but change the formation slightly....

--------McGregor--------

---Goldson---Hellander--

Tav----------------Borna

----Davis----Kamara----

-----------Hagi----------

----Roofe------Kent-----

-----------Itten----------

Or does Aribo come in again to play himself out of this dip in form/confidence?

You could well be right although the way the front three rotate I don't suppose it matters too much how they line up on paper. In midfield I assumed Davis as sole sitting midfielder (it's Motherwell). At a push I might even add Zungu and replace Kent with Hagi.

I'm really looking forward to the game today. Nothing like a bit of adversity to freshen things up. The only concern is adversity has previously led to things going completely to shit. Much seems to depend on whether this team has developed some of Walter Smith's steel or if the powder-puffery is still there. If the latter then the management team is in some jeopardy

Edited by Bill

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

You could well be right although the way the front three rotate I don't suppose it matters too much how they line up on paper. In midfield I assumed Davis as sole sitting midfielder (it's Motherwell). At a push I might even add Zungu and replace Kent with Hagi.

I'm really looking forward to the game today. Nothing like a bit of adversity to freshen things up. The only concern is adversity has previously led to things going completely to shit. Much seems to depend on whether this team has developed some of Walter Smith's steel or if the powder-puffery is still there. If the latter then the management team is in some jeopardy

Agree about adversity. Hopefully the team will use it to their advantage today. High tempo from the off! 

The one concern I have had over the last few games or so has been our inability to score goals/create chances from open play. We have scored many goals from dead balls and corners and not really tested their goalkeeper beyond this. I want to see us getting back to Tav/Borna getting in behind defenders. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The one concern I have had over the last few games or so has been our inability to score goals/create chances from open play. We have scored many goals from dead balls and corners and not really tested their goalkeeper beyond this. I want to see us getting back to Tav/Borna getting in behind defenders. 

It's an important observation that suggests a need for someone like Hagi providing a more central route to goal.