[FT] Rangers 3 (Roofe 73, 90+4; Itten 82) - 1 Motherwell

A really tricky conundrum this.  Motherwell offering no attacking threat but we gift them a goal as we again fall asleep during the second phase of a set play.

Bizarrely, I don't think we're playing all that badly but there's just no space to operate in and we lack a focal point in attack for when teams sit so far back.

Davis seems to be struggling a bit and Arfield isn't really in the game but not sure what we can do to change it.  A big 45mins ahead.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hagi for Arfield for me. Arfield needs space and there is zero available

Definitely need to get Hagi and Aribo involved in the final third.  No need for Kamara and Davis.

Problem is neither Hagi or Aribo have been playing much so without that sharpness it's not going to be easy for them to link the play.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

A really tricky conundrum this.  Motherwell offering no attacking threat but we gift them a goal as we again fall asleep during the second phase of a set play.

Bizarrely, I don't think we're playing all that badly but there's just no space to operate in and we lack a focal point in attack for when teams sit so far back.

Davis seems to be struggling a bit and Arfield isn't really in the game but not sure what we can do to change it.  A big 45mins ahead.

I don't think launching cross after cross is the answer

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

There is no point moaning about how they play. It's up to us to break it down

A can moan as much as I want, as what you write goes without saying. Its just a shyte attempt of playing football, nothing new against us (or them).

Would bring on Hagi for Arfield, as the latter has provided not much, maybe Itten soon after.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't think launching cross after cross is the answer

Definitely not. It will take guile and imagination and Motherwell are unlikely to concede from a set piece.

Aribo and Hagi on for me for Davis and Defoe.  Make Roofe the focal point and get Hagi, Aribo and Kent play off him.

Just now, der Berliner said:

A can moan as much as I want, as what you write goes without saying. Its just a shyte attempt of playing football, nothing new against us (or them).

Would bring on Hagi for Arfield, as the latter has provided not much, maybe Itten soon after.

Moan away. Motherwell were always going to play this. It's not a surprise to anyone

Just now, Frankie said:

Definitely not. It will take guile and imagination and Motherwell are unlikely to concede from a set piece.

Aribo and Hagi on for me for Davis and Defoe.  Make Roofe the focal point and get Hagi, Aribo and Kent play off him.

No! Hagi in for Arfield as a creator (and someone who shoots from distance), Defoe in there to keep them occupied in the middle and someone to convert chances that fall loose. Get Itten in there for heading ability and physical approach and ball-winning ability.