Kneel on, kneel on ....

2 hours ago, buster. said:

It's the players who are kneeling, not the supporters.

No problem, let them do all the kneeling they want before coming on to the pitch. They can also kneel in the dressing room at halftime and do some more kneeling when they get home. That way the supporters won’t have to be involved at all..

10 hours ago, buster. said:

BLM (US) was about disproportionate police shooting/violence that is very real and frankly, a disgrace.

Until something changes, if I were a player, I'd be happy kneeling for 5 seconds before a game

What's disproportionate?

What do you think should change?

42 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

What's disproportionate?

I think he actually believes that kneeling on football pitches in Britain will determine police and criminal interactions across the ocean. That's quite a remarkable belief when you think about it but is, of course, complete tripe.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I think he actually believes that kneeling on football pitches in Britain will determine police and criminal interactions across the ocean

Come on, Bill - everybody knows that Police officers all over the US regularly tune in to watch British football.

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

What's disproportionate?

I think it quite apparent that the usual suspects on here (including you) think nothing should change and I'm not going to labour the point against what are consistent, bitter and twisted views around the same subject matter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/george-floyd-death-police-violence-in-the-us-in-4-charts.html?&qsearchterm=george floyd four charts

Last year, more than 1,000 people were killed by police, according to Mapping Police Violence, one research group.

Black people were disproportionately among those killed, the group found. Black people accounted for 24% of those killed, despite making up only about 13% of the population.

Scientists have struggled to study whether racial bias is directly responsible for the disproportionate killing of black people, given limited data on the race of those with whom police regularly come into contact.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

Clearly, these figures are problematic. We’re talking about arrests not convictions, and high black arrest rates could be taken as evidence that the police are racist.

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey

Edited by Gonzo79

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I think he actually believes that kneeling on football pitches in Britain will determine police and criminal interactions across the ocean. That's quite a remarkable belief when you think about it but is, of course, complete tripe.

I see you are struggling again.

I have already commented on this type of campaign and how I think that in general, they are badly managed. How focus should be on goals and changing things up so as not to give people like you the opportunity to dig in the same old direction of travel.

Your attitude to the black race is very apparent when you look through your post history.

Your attitude to various peoples is very apparent and furthermore, you take pride in being abhorent.

Your attitude and preaching regards anti-racism, depends on which race is involved.

You spend more than a year preaching a particular type of anti-racism that is obviously politically motivated but loudly and consistently preach in the opposite direction when the anti-racism focus is on a different race/colour. The contradiction lays bare that you have no principals on the matter, it's simply down to race and you don't like some of them. 

In a private coversation (PM) with another poster on here (I´m obviously not going to say who but he can come forward if he wishes) his phrase and I quote....

"....and you're bang on about Bill's thinly disguised racism"

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I see you are struggling again.

I have already commented on this type of campaign and how I think that in general, they are badly managed. How focus should be on goals and changing things up so as not to give people like you the opportunity to dig in the same old direction of travel.

Your attitude to the black race is very apparent when you look through your post history.

Your attitude to various peoples is very apparent and furthermore, you take pride in being abhorent.

Your attitude and preaching regards anti-racism, depends on which race is involved.

You spend more than a year preaching a particular type of anti-racism that is obviously politically motivated but loudly and consistently preach in the opposite direction when the anti-racism focus is on a different race/colour. The contradiction lays bare that you have no principals on the matter, it's simply down to race and you don't like some of them. 

In a private coversation (PM) with another poster on here (I´m obviously not going to say who but he can come forward if he wishes) his phrase and I quote....

"....and you're bang on about Bill's thinly disguised racism"

Funnily enough I've always believed that yourself, Gonzo and ASIL all drink from the same cup when it comes to Red Sea Pedestrians.

Not convinced there's a direct correlation between virulent anti-woke and a being a cross burning racist either.

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A thread about kneeling for BLM at English football matches turns into a spat about anti-Semitism.

Who'd a thunk it!?  ?

Don't think it has unless you're going to take it there, my post was more a "Let he who is without sin......." comment to the hypocritical irony of the one race good, one race bad nonsense.