MATCH REPORT - RANGERS 3 MOTHERWELL 1

Rather than yesterday’s win against Motherwell, I think our next 5 games will be more important to us if we’re to win the title.

We’ve got always against St Johnstone, St Mirren & Aberdeen and two homes against Hibz &the yahoos.

Win all of them & we’re in a very strong position indeed.

I think it is clear that after 18 games we have done remarkably well and set ourselves up with a chance.

However after 23 games we will have a much bigger clue as to our destiny for this season.

Our previous mental fragility when asked the big domestic questions arose again from nowhere on Wednesday and after an hour yesterday a large number of us would have been forgiven for starting to think we were watching a rerun of seasons past. At full time we took a huge sigh of relief as we finally found the way through the wall of ‘Well, and it is another game we can say that we definitely wouldn’t have won it last year which gives us hope that we are a different animal this year.

To my mind we have 5 games to win the league. Win our next 5 games, we will have a minimum 10 point lead (in real terms) with just 15 games to go and we will have ticked off another set of games against the best 3 sides in the league. It should be cruise time from there.

Anything less and we open the door to the bheasts, and allow the questions of bottle to magnify as the run in continues.

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Rather than yesterday’s win against Motherwell, I think our next 5 games will be more important to us if we’re to win the title.

We’ve got always against St Johnstone, St Mirren & Aberdeen and two homes against Hibz &the yahoos.

Win all of them & we’re in a very strong position indeed.

I think the motherwell result is hugely important.  In past seasons, 1-0 down with 20 minutes to play heads would have gone down and we'd more have ended up conceding more goals more often than we'd come back and salvage a point.  This time obviously we took all 3.  Perhaps more importantly, we've shown that we're able to break down packed defences, again in past seasons a side facing us 5-5-0 would have been obvious to everyone what was going to happen, this time we faced it  broke it and scored 3.  A massive result and shows the credentials we need to drive the season forwards and hopefully wrap up 55.

41 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I think it is clear that after 18 games we have done remarkably well and set ourselves up with a chance.

However after 23 games we will have a much bigger clue as to our destiny for this season.

Our previous mental fragility when asked the big domestic questions arose again from nowhere on Wednesday and after an hour yesterday a large number of us would have been forgiven for starting to think we were watching a rerun of seasons past. At full time we took a huge sigh of relief as we finally found the way through the wall of ‘Well, and it is another game we can say that we definitely wouldn’t have won it last year which gives us hope that we are a different animal this year.

To my mind we have 5 games to win the league. Win our next 5 games, we will have a minimum 10 point lead (in real terms) with just 15 games to go and we will have ticked off another set of games against the best 3 sides in the league. It should be cruise time from there.

Anything less and we open the door to the bheasts, and allow the questions of bottle to magnify as the run in continues.

I worry when I see words like "cruise time" in relation to this current Rangers team.