[FT] St Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers (Roofe 24; Kamara 31; Hagi 47)

Finished the whole game now. An excellent win and several very good performances got us there. The win was tied up early and we dropped down to first gear for the rest of the game really. I didn’t expect it to be quite so easy but it wouldn’t have been if not for Aribo and Hagi. 

Morelos taking that chance would have been the icing on the cake because it was a gift, but for me the gaffer should be seriously thinking about giving others a chance going into this old firm game, the competition is very strong and Hagi’s involvement in two goals as well as some very good build up play should stand him in good stead. Itten and Arfield should also be in contention.  

Another good performance and result last night.

Hagi is a strange one - sometimes looks like he's never seen a football before but then sets up and scores.  A good option and should be playing more.  Aribo played well.  I thought Morelos worked hard and was really disappointed he didn't tuck away that chance.  Kent - he needs dropped because he has done nothing for weeks.

Pretty much a textbook away win that does more than the Motherwell game to say we've got by a blip of sorts. Crucially, as far as the League goes, a performance blip rather than of results. That's 11 wins on the bounce now and half the fixtures played.

Textbook is an opening goal on around 20 minutes, followed up by another before HT and then a third, early in the second half.

A third of all league goals we have scored come in the period from 15 - 30 minutes.

The next most productive spell is 20%, from 45 - 60.

That tends to help SG&Co in offloading for players like Roofe, Kent and Davis. An important part in keeping everything on the rails.

Good to see Aribo and Hagi contribute so much because we need more middle to front players on their game. Talking of which, Roofe is surely the man who is now first choice as central striker. He can link-up play and is scoring goals where Morelos on last nights half an hour, can link play but cannae score for toffee.

Hibs will be an interesting challenge but we will approach the game with confidence.

Hopefully Ryan Jack will be able to get some minutes.

What a useless, unprofessional pr!ck #O'Halloran 

Edited by buster.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Another good performance and result last night.

Hagi is a strange one - sometimes looks like he's never seen a football before but then sets up and scores.  A good option and should be playing more.  Aribo played well.  I thought Morelos worked hard and was really disappointed he didn't tuck away that chance.  Kent - he needs dropped because he has done nothing for weeks.

I think you are being hard on Kent tbh. Not everything Kent does comes off but he does other things that are important to the team like tracking back and closing down, creating space for other players etc. One thing I like about Kent is that he always tries to get involved and never hides

Kent certainly works hard and covers a lot of ground.  He just never seems to do much with the ball, which is a huge part of being a forward.

I'm hoping he turns it on against that lot, which is a nice habit of his.

As for O'Halloran - I thought his wee cameo was hilarious.  Sums up how most scum fans are feeling about our current form, I'd imagine.  ?

Edited by Gonzo79

14 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I think Roofe is fantastic but not sure this is right for him. Itten and Morelos have a physical presence that important. Delighted if I’m proven wrong.

14 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Get in! Great wee break there.

Life comes at you real fast, lol