Half term report

The team has come together and the penny has finally dropped that we are a good team .

The fragility and indecisiveness has gone , summer recruitment has been excellent , AA+++ 

just keep it going .

The big improvements are in defence, where Goldson and Tav have improved their game hugely and cut out the silly mistakes that far too often cost us goals last season. They have gone from that to wonderfully consistent defenders who are both right up there with our biggest goal threats also.

Another big improvement is in the depth and quality of the squad. No longer is it the case that when we make subs we weaken the side, in fact in many cases we add quality when using our subs.

Use of subs has improved domestically, although the manager got it badly wrong in both Benfica games to deny us a clean sweep of victories in our group, but overall there has been big improvements in the use of subs this season.

Negatives, there are not many, although our total capitulation in Paisley that cost us a first major trophy in 10 years still hurts me deeply, and allows the thought to still be there that we are still capable of bottling it when under the biggest pressure. It is clear that this will be proven or (hopefully) blown away over the course of the next few games and the Scottish Cup to come.

Negatives, we really need to sell in January to balance our books, and we have to hope that this doesn't badly affect our harmony and squad. I cannot think of any player that we couldn't do without given the quality and depth of our squad, perhaps apart from Tav as Patterson is still young and wont be as influential as Tav has become. I dont see Tav being sold for £20M so i dont see that as an issue. If anyone is to be sold, (Morelos, Kamara, Kent, etc) I believe we have ready replacements that will keep us just as strong. Obviously it would be better that we keep everyone but our squad is too big, too expensive, and the wage bill too high for our income and must be brought under control.

The squad is much stronger and some recent additions, particularly Roofe, are making a real difference. 

I still have concerns about Gerrard's use (or lack of) of subs.  

The last two seasons we have done well until the turn of the year, then things went pear-shaped - the main focus should be on ensuring that doesn't happen again!