[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

As much as Hibs offer a more offensive challenge, I can only see this a positive for us. The last group of games have seen us face teams that have set up very defensively, with little space to get in behind.

Let's not lose sight of where we are and how we got there. We are the top of the league for a reason and IMO, all the tactical questions are firmly on Hibs. Do they come at us and open themselves up to Tav/Borna/Aribo/Kent/Kamara/Airfield/Hagi/Roofe exploiting space they have not had in a while? Or do they sit tight and stuff the midfield and hope for something on the break?

Personally I think we will wallop them today. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

As much as Hibs offer a more offensive challenge, I can only see this a positive for us. The last group of games have seen us face teams that have set up very defensively, with little space to get in behind.

Let's not lose sight of where we are and how we got there. We are the top of the league for a reason and IMO, all the tactical questions are firmly on Hibs. Do they come at us and open themselves up to Tav/Borna/Aribo/Kent/Kamara/Airfield/Hagi/Roofe exploiting space they have not had in a while? Or do they sit tight and stuff the midfield and hope for something on the break?

Personally I think we will wallop them today. 

I'm usually as cautious as they come about predicting the winning of football matches but I kind of share your optimism regards a relative wallop.

I'd obviously take any kind of win but I think title winning sides tend to send out markers at certain stages of the season, with the festive season being one of the most traditional and important.

What we can't do is drop points and allow doubt and talk of momentum shifts to dominate next week.

The last time Celtic were going for 10IAR, I was with my Dad on a train that we boarded at Leuchars, going to Edinburgh and with a tiny transistor radio held close to the window for a signal, we listened to David Francey commentating on the New Year OF fixture at Ibrox. That day was a marker, 3-0 win. I didn't realise the relevance at the time but I hoped we scored as we passed Markinch.

Edited by buster.

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'm usually as cautious as they come about predicting the winning of football matches but I kind of share your optimism regards a relative wallop.

I'd obviously take any kind of win but I think title winning sides tend to send out markers at certain stages of the season, with the festive season being one of the most traditional and important.

What we can't do is drop points and allow doubt and talk of momentum shifts to dominate next week.

The last time Celtic were going for 10IAR, I was with my Dad on a train that we boarded at Leuchars, going to Edinburgh and with a tiny transistor radio held close to the window for a signal, we listened to David Francey commentating on the New Year OF fixture at Ibrox. That day was a marker, 3-0 win. I didn't realise the relevance at the time but I hoped we scored as we passed Markinch.

David Francey...I have fond memories of hearing his dulcut tones. These were usually via the TV/Radio from some exotic location when Rangers/Scotland were playing (pre Sky for the younger members)

Gerrard’s selection will be very interesting today, particularly in terms of what he does with the CF/Morelos situation. A start for Morelos today would indicate he plans to start him against Celtic.
After Roofe’s performance at CF during the week, and the performance of Hagi, I think Hagi has put himself in contention and I hope to see a similar starting 11 today. 

Edited by DMAA