[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

6 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Poor performance  and poor tactics.   Severe lack of urgency in our gameplay.   Sick and tired of davis and his side and back passes.    Play like this against the scum and we will lose.

We adapt our game according to the opponent, as you have seen throughout our Scottish and European campaign. You have to draw the opposition out of their defensive shape and as Hibs were willing to come forward (as opposed to Motherwell), and that was one way to do so.

IF anything, i would have removed Kent after 60odd mins for Morelos or Itten, as those would have kept the ball and would probably have been more efficient with the ball in vital areas.

Edited by der Berliner

16 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Kent for me has struggled for weeks. Needs a rest

Gerard needs to be bold & sub Kent at times when he’s ineffective.

And the ibrox pitch is looking in poor condition again at this time of year. That’s a worry. 

Ross making me laugh claiming the Porteous/Tav incident should have been a Hibs penalty.

Ok, let's agree, that makes the Tav/Gogic incident in the first half a penalty too. 2-0 to us at half-time is a rather different game to 1-1 with 15-20mins to go.

We seemed to lose control of the game in the second half leading to a nerve-racking last 30 minutes with Hibs racking up a number of corners from which I thought they must eventually score from one of them.  Thankfully, they didn't.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

We seemed to lose control of the game in the second half leading to a nerve-racking last 30 minutes with Hibs racking up a number of corners from which I thought they must eventually score from one of them.  Thankfully, they didn't.

Well worth noting how well we defended these.  Once or twice we looked unsure defensively but, generally, we were very good again.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

They had limited options on the bench but I thought they'd end up putting McGregor on as a centre forward.

He was the one who scored the late equaliser two years ago.