[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

Don't think Porteus' tackle was a penalty myself, he got the ball pretty well. The Tav one was definitely not a penalty, that's a mad claim.

I'd be thinking about giving Kent a rest for the next game and trying Hagi, Morelos and Roofe up front. 

51 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Don't think Porteus' tackle was a penalty myself, he got the ball pretty well. The Tav one was definitely not a penalty, that's a mad claim.

It was as much a penalty as Eduards was although only one was given.

Edited by onevision

Good performance and result.  Got a bit nervy towards the end but we never really looked like conceding. 

Hagi - again, the boy does things that win games.  He should be a starter.

Kent - another match with no end product whatsoever.  His form is poor and he needs dropped. 

If we don't select a midfield next Saturday that's more capable of covering for Tavernier in defence then I fear we will either lose goals or we'll need to sacrifice his attacking role. The ease with which his forward runs have been exploited recently is unsettling.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If we don't select a midfield next Saturday that's more capable of covering for Tavernier in defence then I fear we will either lose goals or we'll need to sacrifice his attacking role. The ease with which his forward runs have been exploited recently is unsettling.

That`s why we had Kamara and Davis today again, as Hibs are far more attack minded than the rest of the rest and those tow read the games well. It obviously also depends on how Tav & Co. keep their flanks occupied. Roofe, Aribo and Hagi looks certain starters given their recent form, which may have them more worried about their defence than we have to worry about ours.

But first it`s St. Mirren and maybe that much lauded goalie of the Arabs keep the Scum out, so we may have an even healthier lead come Saturday.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

That`s why we had Kamara and Davis today again, as Hibs are far more attack minded than the rest of the rest and those tow read the games well. It obviously also depends on how Tav & Co. keep their flanks occupied. Roofe, Aribo and Hagi looks certain starters given their recent form, which may have them more worried about their defence than we have to worry about ours.

But first it`s St. Mirren and maybe that much lauded goalie of the Arabs keep the Scum out, so we may have an even healthier lead come Saturday.

If Kamara and Davis were the answer, we wouldn’t be seeing opponents finding free possession behind our fullbacks. It’s not the players abilities  but how seldom either of them take up wide defensive positions behind our attacking fullbacks. Jack was very disciplined at that but he’s not available. The current selection gives us great control of midfield but does leave us a bit exposed to counter attacks down the flanks. Against packed defences that isn’t a problem but it took Hibs only a few minutes to show up the problem. 

18 hours ago, Frankie said:

Well worth noting how well we defended these.  Once or twice we looked unsure defensively but, generally, we were very good again.

Heart in mouth time at the corner 5min 20 secs into this video.

Doig, the 18 year old down the left might be worth keeping tabs on or a cash offer, if the price was right. 

Some of his cross balls reminded me of Barisic.