[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

Strong line up, Hagi earns himself a start after a good performance in midweek. It looks to me that SG expects Hibs to open up and play a bit as we are playing  all our most creative players who should have more space to create than most weeks. Just hope we are strong enough to win the midfield battle as that will be the key for me today.

16 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

That’s the team I wanted to see, a bit disappointed with Helander dropping out though. I was really hopefully he was going to be fit enough to play against Celtic because I think he’s the better defender. It will be interesting to see if he gets minutes today. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I'll take the full four minutes with Irving Welsh extolling the virtures of Hibs expansive game to a backing of The Proclaimers rendering an instrumental Sunshine on Leith, if we can get a repeat 6-1 victory.

Pick any other Hibs supporting celebrity other than Irvine Welsh.

Some forty-odd years past, when he was working in London as a Civil Servant; he founded a punk band called, 'Stairway 13'. He was lead vocalisat, lead guitarist, and lead song writer. They lasted a couple of years, I saw a review that damned them with faint praise, their opening number was, 'Orange Crush'.

If Welsh ever returns to Scotland from his numerous homes in Dublin, Chicago, New York, .... etc - his price of entry should be a gig with his band in Markinch. He is beyond the pale.

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Rangers v Hibernian

A really big game again but what match isn't nowadays.  We simply must keep winning but won't be easy today with a tough Hibs outfit and awful weather conditions.

We just need to make our quality on the ball count, take our chances and keep it tight defensively.  Easy, isn't it!?

Not the team I’d have chosen. With that front three I worry about lack of a defensive midfielder if our fullbacks are going to be as progressive as usual. I can see our goalkeeper being busier than he usually is. 

Probably our strongest line-up at the moment, hope we get some early chances and put them away, then an Alfredo hat-trick.

These days, probably born out of confidence, I`m pretty calm right now and it hardly matters whom we play. We look rather composed and concentration levels are high, and even if something goes awry, we have people on the bench now that can correct the outcome of a game.

So let`s hope we don`t hand out any x-mas presents and take our chances.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 0 - 0 Hibernian
52 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Pick any other Hibs supporting celebrity other than Irvine Welsh.

Some forty-odd years past, when he was working in London as a Civil Servant; he founded a punk band called, 'Stairway 13'. He was lead vocalisat, lead guitarist, and lead song writer. They lasted a couple of years, I saw a review that damned them with faint praise, their opening number was, 'Orange Crush'.

If Welsh ever returns to Scotland from his numerous homes in Dublin, Chicago, New York, .... etc - his price of entry should be a gig with his band in Markinch. He is beyond the pale.

What is it about some expats?!