The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I think it now very important that Ross Wilson&Co prepare and organise things as best they can to give the first team as good a chance as possible to negotiate the CL qualifiers and make the group stages. I'm not saying it's simply about going out and spending a lot of money this month and the early summer, I don't think we can. Look at the dates of the qualifiers and plan accordingly, they could be the most important games of the season given our need to get back on financial track.

We know a good part of the reason Celtic didn't make the group stages in the last several seasons was down to badly managing player contracts, untimely and bad recruitment or lack off, unhappy players and general disharmony. They could have gone so far ahead financially that we'd have been in a near impossible position but Peter's legacy will have a sour taste. #McGinn,Boyata,Dembelee,Rodgers,Eduoard, etc 

To cement our position back at the top, we could very much do with next seasons CLGS money. We need to plan and prepare in a timely manner and as best we possibly can. 

ps. I don't think we will have a summer qualifier until August (as per current calendar)

12 hours ago, DMAA said:

Delighted at this. There had been a lot of talk about him wanting away and big clubs circling, tying him down is a boost. 

I don't think the really big clubs with financial clout will be after Kai Kennedy.

That is the stuff of tabloid articles.

Kennedy will be 19 in March and that is young with a lot of room for development but these days, the elite youngsters are increasingly making their mark at the top level prior to that age.

I'm glad we seem to be keeping him but we've heard this so many times and never see them near the first team.

If they are good enough, we need to start giving them more opportunities.

If they aren't, then the recruiting/development of youngsters isn't working.

When we do get a Billy Gilmour, we don't even get to see him.

If we are a club where the level of demand on managers isn't conducive to 99% of 21st century young footballers getting oportunities..... and the other 1% get taken by big clubs at 16 years old, is it worth it ?

I'd say Dickson or Barjonas should get an opportunity to be first cover/play if neccessary given the current situation. The talk of the steamie is to go out and bring cover in....The lad Kelly, on loan at Ross County should IMO be in the squad next season.

Finance is a consideration and we also need more of our own developed players for the European squads in the future.

Edited by buster.

It's telling that for many of us our first thought when hearing that Jack and Arfield might be out for a few months was 'we need to sign someone as cover' instead of wondering if one of the youngsters could step up. I was certainly guilty of it. If none of our younger players are capable of stepping in for a few weeks then you do have to wonder what the point of having them is. But I suspect, with a bit of patience, some of them are and it's people like me that are the problem. 

As for Kennedy I suspect we'll sell him to Shrewsbury or someone like that for quarter of a million in a couple of years. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

It's telling that for many of us our first thought when hearing that Jack and Arfield might be out for a few months was 'we need to sign someone as cover' instead of wondering if one of the youngsters could step up. I was certainly guilty of it. If none of our younger players are capable of stepping in for a few weeks then you do have to wonder what the point of having them is. But I suspect, with a bit of patience, some of them are and it's people like me that are the problem. 

As for Kennedy I suspect we'll sell him to Shrewsbury or someone like that for quarter of a million in a couple of years. 

Kelly would be trusted to fill in for a few weeks but we aren’t going to recall a 20 year old who is getting 90 minutes every week for a Premiership side just to fill in for a few games I don’t think. It would, ironically, make it less likely that he would make it at Rangers because the biggest step to doing that is to play every week in this league on loan. 

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Kelly would be trusted to fill in for a few weeks but would we aren’t going to recall a 20 year old who is getting 90 minutes every week for a Premiership side just to fill in for a few games I don’t think. It would, ironically, make it less likely that he would make it at Rangers because the biggest step to doing that is to play every week in this league on loan. 

The present: Dickson and/or Barjonas

Next season: Kelly becomes an option