The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Correct. I once heard Bob Crampsey say what I had often thought: “They (the Europeans) even run out of the tunnel better than we do.”

Liked and respected Old Bob, intelligent, informative and played with a straight bat. 

46 minutes ago, compo said:

would we have enough money in the club to make a decent purchase 

Nope, this window is for selling only. The only way we buy anyone is if we sell big and get several fringe and youth off the payroll, either permanently or loans. We could perhaps stretch to a loan if we manage to offload a huge amount of wages.

It's not rocket science, we really have to start balancing the books and we should have sold at least one for big money in the summer window and we didn't, but all we done was push the sale to now. I fully expect us to sell at least one big name player, plus get some of our fringe away on loans or smaller fees sales.

9 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Nope, this window is for selling only. The only way we buy anyone is if we sell big and get several fringe and youth off the payroll, either permanently or loans. We could perhaps stretch to a loan if we manage to offload a huge amount of wages.

It's not rocket science, we really have to start balancing the books and we should have sold at least one for big money in the summer window and we didn't, but all we done was push the sale to now. I fully expect us to sell at least one big name player, plus get some of our fringe away on loans or smaller fees sales.

I don't expect us to get rid of anyone in this window.  We are within touching distance of winning the league and stopping their "10".  Given that I would expect Park, Bennett et al to fund the club through the end of the season in the hopes we do that.  At that point we will more than likely lose a couple of players.

Interesting that probably the player who we could sell for most is Morelos - who hasn't been scoring, but he also offers so much more than just goals.  Plus, we have lost Roofe for a few weeks, as well as Arfield being out.

I think they will fun us to the end of the season with what we have.  I would anticipate that if anyone goes then a direct replacement would be sought.

My own preference would be to tie down important players on extended contracts, players such as Kamara.

Scott Wright: Rangers to make approach for Aberdeen forward

Steven Gerrard's side could offer Wright a pre-contract now as he is out of contract at the end of the season but Sky Sports News understands Rangers are looking to do a deal in this window

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12185104/scott-wright-rangers-to-make-approach-for-aberdeen-forward

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Scott Wright: Rangers to make approach for Aberdeen forward

Steven Gerrard's side could offer Wright a pre-contract now as he is out of contract at the end of the season but Sky Sports News understands Rangers are looking to do a deal in this window

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12185104/scott-wright-rangers-to-make-approach-for-aberdeen-forward

He looks like a squad player for one of the inside forward roles - perhaps a younger replacement for Stewart? 

He's classed as a forward, but tends to play deeper for them, in attacking midfield.